PDA

View Full Version : anyone else feel cheated?

nv-hunter
04-18-2011, 07:07 PM
I kinda feel ripped off no res info for Nevada in the MRS .

Firearrow
04-18-2011, 10:10 PM
231!!! You will like it!!!

MSUcat61
04-22-2011, 01:53 AM
Yeah! I felt the same way. What the eff?

GrantMan
04-22-2011, 04:58 PM
The NDOW website has the same info for residence but you have to dig for it more. I procrastinate with everything else in life except for my tag application so I didn't wait for the new Eastmans to come out for my research.

hubba20
04-30-2011, 10:57 PM
They put the same info year after year, so just look on the website and look at the old NV MRS... or in an old magazine if you have one... But ya I agree, if you go to NDOW then you can get more info and learn more about then hunts than if you just looked in the MRS. Idk, just my opinion... the MRS is just a good starting point...

BigSurArcher
04-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Be grateful... it may have kept a few folks from remembering to apply.

hubba20
05-01-2011, 10:30 AM
lol ya I agree... The fewer people that apply means my drawing odds go up, and there will be fewer people in the mountains :) lol

BigSurArcher
05-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Yup, especially for a Non-Res. The archery draw odds for the Rubies jumped pretty good after that story was published in EBJ a couple years ago.

hubba20
05-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Lol ya no kidding. They need to change how many tags they give out for that area... I hunted the rubies two years in a row, and I saw quite a few deer and a few good bucks, but I still think I saw more people than deer lol... So I probably won't go back there until they fix that problem. Otherwise I'll just stay in the southern part of the state where it's closer to home... lol

BigSurArcher
05-01-2011, 03:48 PM
I hear ya. When I hunted the Rubies last I get back in close to 10 miles and there were STILL people all over the place. Not only hunters, but backpackers too trying to sneak up on critters for Kodak moments. Saw some decent bucks but everything was spooky as hell.

Firearrow
05-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Yup, especially for a Non-Res. The archery draw odds for the Rubies jumped pretty good after that story was published in EBJ a couple years ago.

Went in there last year. My buddy and my self both came out with nice bucks. Saw 5 other hunters. We could have went one drainage over and been all by our selves. It seems that the Rubies is starting to quiet down again. Lets hope it stays that way.