PDA

View Full Version : Almost

In God We Trust
08-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Well ladies and gents we are down to the final week before archery season. It only gets better after that with smoke pole and the rifle seasons! Good luck to everyone and shoot straight.

ivorytip
08-25-2013, 06:30 AM
amen brother!

wolftalonID
08-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Yess!!!!!! To add to the stress of restless nights, I am cramming for my CFII rating this week! Nothing like preparing for an FAA exam when I already hear bugles, crashing sticks, and smell the sweet aroma of elk in my twilight sleep! To pass the time, I have been slowly packing up camp over the last few weeks, checking gear, buying last minute supplies, hoping my unit doesn't explode with each passing storm, and trying to sleep!

Musket Man
08-25-2013, 06:58 PM
IM READY!!!! Harvest is over!! But my antelope tag says 10/1 on it........

sagehunter
08-26-2013, 09:22 PM
This time of year deer and elk are all I can think about. My wife is so annoyed, I really need to get to the woods.

BOHNTR
08-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Leaving tomorrow for the long to drive to trail head. I'll split it up by spending the night in the back of the truck in Flagstaff so I can start the acclimation process for the high altitude. Backpacking in (solo) a few miles above tree-line (12,000') to chase some mule deer. Hopefully I'll find a few to keep me company......otherwise it could be boring up there all alone! :)

Good luck to everyone, I hope you stick a giant.

Muleys 24/7
08-27-2013, 05:01 AM
My archery buck deer tag opens Sept 7th. Can't wait. Good luck everyone.

25contender
08-27-2013, 06:33 AM
Leaving tomorrow for the long to drive to trail head. I'll split it up by spending the night in the back of the truck in Flagstaff so I can start the acclimation process for the high altitude. Backpacking in (solo) a few miles above tree-line (12,000') to chase some mule deer. Hopefully I'll find a few to keep me company......otherwise it could be boring up there all alone! :)

Good luck to everyone, I hope you stick a giant.

Come on now its never boring up there alone!! :cool:
My Solo will be 14 days this year. Cant wait!!

chaddarnell
08-29-2013, 06:10 AM
Leaving tomorrow , taking the wife on her first ever elk hunt. Good luck to every one and stay safe.

wolftalonID
08-31-2013, 07:43 AM
One more Saturday, a pack up and dont sleep for 48 hour day, and Ill be where it is that makes my world go round!

Orion/CO
09-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Just got back from my first hunting trip of 2013. Went up to the CO State Forest (unit 6) on Sunday hoping to bag some grouse. I hit all of the spots where I saw and shot grouse last year, but this year they were not to be found. This morning was the opening day of my Sept bear tag, so I went to a spot where I have seen bear in the past, but again they were not to be found. I did however see about 10 deer, 8 elk, and a small bull moose. I plan to go back up during mzldr season to see if I can find any successful hunters to get the whereabouts of a gutpile. Otherwise I will be back during 1st rifle season to hopefully fill my cow tag, and then again for 2nd season for a bull tag. P.S. - heard a couple of bulls bugling this morning, along with seeing a few aspen trees already turning yellow... tis the season.. :-)

In God We Trust
09-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Well I started the season off right. I bought an archery cow tag for a warm up and filled it two hours into the hunt. I can't believe I filled a tag that fast. The weather was hot as hell today and getting the meat on ice was a big concern but now it is at the processor and I am done for the next week. A thought for new guys to the archery game here in Colorado is just because you can backpack miles into the back country and fill your tag during archery season doesn't mean you can get the elk to your truck and in the cooler on time. Good luck and happy hunting.