PDA

View Full Version : Who would you choose?

twp1224
04-22-2011, 03:35 PM
If you had the opportunity to choose one person to bowhunt with who would it be.
I would love to be able to hunt with Cameron Hanes for a 7-10 day hunt. The things I could learn from this guy. Guy, Mike, Nate or David Long would be at the top list of my list too. Just given the opportunity to follow any of them around for a few days in the backcountry would be a dream. Who would you choose?

Chasin Elk
04-22-2011, 04:03 PM
T Bone! I dont think I could keep up with those you mention:)

Jerry
04-22-2011, 04:06 PM
When I was a little guy 9 or 10 years old, my dad had a friend he worked with that was full blooded Indian, not that that makes any difference but the man was uncanny for knowing where to go, when to go, and what to do. When my dad and older brother went hunting with Ray it was almost a forgone conclusion that they were going to bring home some game. I never had the chance to hunt with Ray, but always thought that he would have been a fount of knowledge.
They killed some great Oregon blacktails back in the day! (Late 50's early 60's) So I guess if there was one I would have to say Ray, but that doesn't mean I would turn down a chance to hunt with any of the Eastman clan.
How great it would have been to go with Gordon on his Alaska Sheep hunt when they were just starting to film the hunts!!!

CrimsonArrow
04-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Dwight Schuh would be my first choice, then Hanes. No offense to the Eastman boys!

T43
04-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Since we're all dreaming any way. Bow hunt or not, Theodore Roosevelt.

miller1
04-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Cameron Hanes is on the top of the list but also Marc Smith would be awsome to spend a week with in the high country

mthuntress
04-23-2011, 01:07 AM
My Dad hands down.He taught me to hunt with a rifle but as my intrest started to look into archry he told me to go for it even though he never archry hunted before by the time I geared up his health had gone down hill and we never got to go on an archry hunt together.Then my brother as he was always willing to hit the backcountry with me before he could hunt.Then my grandfather.Then maybe Cameron Hanes.

Maxhunter
04-23-2011, 07:55 AM
1. Chuck Adams
2. Dwight Schuh
3. Randy Ulmer
4. Cameron Hanes
5. Curt Wells

Rob
04-23-2011, 10:17 AM
If it's a high country mule deer hunt I would go with David Long, an elk hunt I would like to go with Guy and Nate. I don't think I could keep up with Cam either. I did like the Teddy Roosevelt suggestion Too.

snortwheeze
04-23-2011, 10:39 AM
My list would be Cam, Nate, South Cox and David Long.

Joe Hulburt
04-23-2011, 10:43 AM
My wife! She always lets me do the shooting and is willing to help out in any way she can. :o

RUTTIN
04-23-2011, 11:07 AM
I would have to say my dad, he's not around anymore and I really miss hunting with him. If it wasn't him I would have to say Nate Simmons or Marc Smith. Never met Nate, but I think you could learn a lot from him. Marc is just one hell of a guy, and hunts hard.

Idabow
04-27-2011, 12:07 AM
I would like to hunt with Fred Eichler just because he never seems to take himself to seriously and get amped up even when he kills a small animal

macker
04-27-2011, 04:42 PM
i would love to hunt with Cameron Hanes, and if i had the chance, i would be plenty motivated to get in shape! I love the idea of getting way, way, into the backcountry and not seeing any other hunter. I think Nate would be a ball to hunt with. I would certainly learn a tonne from each of them.

SDbowhunter
04-27-2011, 10:45 PM
I love to hunt with my dad, but he can't keep up with me in the backcountry. My wife is a great hunting partner, and if I could hunt with Mr. Hanes or any of the Eastman's crew I would take up the chance in a heartbeat.

dito
04-28-2011, 10:01 AM
I'd be happy to hunt with just about anyone more experienced than me or someone less as well. You mostly always learn something new from someone.

OTT2
05-05-2011, 04:41 PM
I'd choose Cam, Nate, or South. Not sure I could keep up with'em but I'd sure try!!!

hoytnut
05-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Wow. That would be a tough decision. My list to narrow it down would include Nate Simmons, David Long, Dwight Schuh, Marc Smith, South Cox, Cameron Hanes, Roy Grace, and one no one has mentioned - Fred Bear. With that said I'd probably go with the legend Fred Bear. However, how could you go wrong with anyone on a list like that?

wolftalonID
05-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Will Primos. Older than I am, full of gleanable knowledge, and well of coarse I like his calls. :)

Midwest to Outwest
05-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Though I would learn tons by hunting with Cameron Hanes, Nate Simmons or Ryan Hatfield; My best friend from high school and I have never had the opportunity to backcountry hunt the west together. Just never have been able to put a hunt together. That would be a very meaningful hunt to me. Of course if we're wishing; I wish I could spend a fall with Fred Bear back in the old days.

WAarcher00
05-23-2011, 05:08 PM
A week in the backcountry with Cameron Hanes would be a great education. Jim Shockey that crazy french moose hunter on outdoor channel, Tred Barta. all the Eastman guys would be a wealth of knowledge and look like good guys to hunt with.

indianw
05-24-2011, 10:00 AM
I would like to hunt with all that has been mentioned but first I would like to hit the back country with Cameron been working out pretty hard extreme Biking, weights, Running & ran some 5K races signed up for my first Marathon lost 34lbs so far

MT.MAN
05-25-2011, 04:17 PM
My Wife, I am content in my hunting area's. There is a reason the inside of my wedding ring says "Hunting Partners for Life".

theguide
05-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Steve Chappell seems like someone that would be fun to hunt with. He definitely knows his stuff. He seems like someone that would make you feel comfortable, make you feel like an old friend. Given the choice, I would hunt with Steve.

northforkecap
05-28-2011, 11:08 PM
Good and tough question. I like how Maxhunter responded so I'll do the same here:
1. Cameron Hanes (I'm a DIY guy who hunts the Eagle Caps and I know him from living in Springfield years ago)
2. Nate Simmons (I like his demeanor about the high country and his approach to situations)
3. Dwight Schuh (lots of wisdom and time-tested results, not to mention a good man)
4. Randy Ulmer (he's a teacher-type and knows his stuff).