PDA

View Full Version : Bino Pack

dito
04-22-2011, 03:54 PM
I just ordered one of these yesterday:http://www.alaskaguidecreations.com/binopack.htm

I was looking at the badlands one but didn't seem like it would work with another pack. Searching the web I found this one. I'll let you guys know how it works out. If you call to order one be careful the owner will talk your ear off so make sure you have some time to talk hunting!

RUTTIN
04-23-2011, 11:20 AM
I love my badlands bino harness. It will work well with a pack on, but I did cut out the hydration carrier in the back so it would be more comfortable. You will like not having to clean your binos off all the time now. Both are great products.

04-23-2011, 01:19 PM
The badlands one is pretty nice. I'm waiting to see the sitka version later this year.

ceby7
04-23-2011, 04:04 PM
If your just looking to keep dirt and water/snow off your binoculars, try the bino-shield from Crooked Horn Outfitters. I use one with the bino system and it works great. It also helps keep your binos close to your chest when your crawling.

dito
04-23-2011, 04:05 PM
I love my badlands bino harness. It will work well with a pack on, but I did cut out the hydration carrier in the back so it would be more comfortable. You will like not having to clean your binos off all the time now. Both are great products.

Yeah my new binos I got the covers don't stay on very good. So I figured I had to do something!

dito
04-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Just got this today. It looks pretty good and fits good. There is a pocket in the front, two on the sides, and one on the back. Looks like I could probably fit my gps and camera in the front pocket. I tried it on with my pack didn't have any issues. I'll use it turkey hunting this weekend depending on the weather. I think I am really going to like not having to fuss with taking the covers on and off when I want to glass. Here are some pics.

Bitterroot Bulls
04-25-2011, 05:26 PM
I think I am going to try the Alaska Guide Creations model. BTW, I really liked my Meopta Meostars. Great bins.

dito
04-25-2011, 09:02 PM
I think I am going to try the Alaska Guide Creations model. BTW, I really liked my Meopta Meostars. Great bins.

I haven't gotten to use them hunting yet. The lens covers won't stay put. But now I'll be able to try them out. From just looking around they are amazing!

Bitterroot Bulls
04-25-2011, 11:27 PM
My objective covers were always coming off, too. I solved the problem with two tiny and strategically placed drops of super glue.

RUTTIN
04-26-2011, 08:35 AM
I just saw an ad for a bino case that has a cover for a range finder that magnetizes to the bino case to hold your rangefinder close also. And it has a tether in case your range finder falls from the magnets, looked pretty cool.

wolftalonID
04-26-2011, 10:27 AM
You know I have always wondered about this new fad of high power magnets in hunting clothes, and accessories. Its no wonder you hear more and more about the lost hunters that NEVER get lost!!. Bet they had magnets in their fold over mittens and the compass always pointed south!! LOL haha

Jarom974
08-13-2011, 03:55 AM
I just ordered the S4Gear Lockdown harness. Can't wait for it to get here. Guy did a review in a recent mag, nothing but good things to say about em.

dhershberger
08-13-2011, 10:24 AM
I like the S4 Lockdown too. It's comfortable, works with many packs, versatile, and it's inexpensive. I'm seriously considering getting one of these.

IL Hntr
08-13-2011, 11:57 AM
I have the S4 Lockdown and while I haven't hunted with it yet, I have done a lot of hiking with my Kuiu Icon 6000 on along with the Lockdown. It has worked well and I really like it so far. I often wear it while shooting my bow too. It is comfortable and I like not having to mess with any eye piece covers. My covers didn't stay on very good so I wanted to try this out. Will be using it in the backcountry for 8 days very soon and will see if it is a keeper. All indications are good so far.

Elkoholic307
08-13-2011, 02:41 PM
I just ordered one of these yesterday:http://www.alaskaguidecreations.com/binopack.htm

I was looking at the badlands one but didn't seem like it would work with another pack. Searching the web I found this one. I'll let you guys know how it works out. If you call to order one be careful the owner will talk your ear off so make sure you have some time to talk hunting!

I would consider that one but it looks like my binos won't fit; mine are 10x45.

dito
08-13-2011, 06:49 PM
I would consider that one but it looks like my binos won't fit; mine are 10x45.

Hmm not sure if that will work or not. You can always give the guy a call and check. Used it today to scout antelope and to go on a hike. Pretty happy with it so far.

MT backcountry hunter
08-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Here is a bino harness I just picked up.

http://www.fhfgear.com/Hunt.php

They are made in Bozeman Mt by a local PD officer. I have been very very pleased with mine, binos dont swing around or bounce and lenses are protected. Paul put 2 small pockets on each side for wind puff,calls etc as well. Take a look at them, he is also very willing to work with you on custom features for any of his products.

Bitterroot Bulls
08-13-2011, 11:18 PM
Here is a bino harness I just picked up.

http://www.fhfgear.com/Hunt.php

They are made in Bozeman Mt by a local PD officer. I have been very very pleased with mine, binos dont swing around or bounce and lenses are protected. Paul put 2 small pockets on each side for wind puff,calls etc as well. Take a look at them, he is also very willing to work with you on custom features for any of his products.

Paul makes high-quality stuff! Also check out his bearspray holster! He made a buddy a custom MOLLE compatible revolver holster as well. I think you meant local Deputy Sheriff though. ;)

Elkoholic307
08-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Hmm not sure if that will work or not. You can always give the guy a call and check. Used it today to scout antelope and to go on a hike. Pretty happy with it so far.

It says on the website that it fits up to 10x42. I like the looks of the Badlands one anyway.

MT backcountry hunter
08-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Bitterroot-Correct Deputy Sheriff I saw that holster that he made, it looked really good. The bear spray holster beats the stock ones that come with the spray for sure. Paul has alot of neat ideas and just needs some time to make them.

dito
08-14-2011, 11:09 AM
It says on the website that it fits up to 10x42. I like the looks of the Badlands one anyway.

Ah. I do like some of the features of the badlands one better. I just didn't like that it would probably not work too well with another pack on.

toadbrown
10-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Ah. I do like some of the features of the badlands one better. I just didn't like that it would probably not work too well with another pack on.

I had the Crooked Horn setup with the the bino cover, and the cover was a big pain in the ass when using your binos as often as you do when antelope hunting. I have the Badlands now and would never go back. The ease of accessing your binos is awesome! JMO

Elkoholic307
11-09-2011, 08:58 AM

I've been using the Badlands bino case with my X2 pack on all season with no problems.

ID_MW
12-22-2011, 12:26 PM
I used the Sitka Gear bino bivy this year and was fairly disappointed with the product. I hope that Sitka figures this one out, because it boasts a few nice features too. I really liked the low profile mesh harness, which was really cool and comfortable especially when worn while shouldering a pack. I liked that they coupled the magnetic closure with a water-resistant zipper, but both the magnets (fairly ineffective), and zipper (fragile and finicky) need upgrades. The softshell material the case is made of is a magnet for dirt, but does shed water more effectively than my Badlands bino pack. The case overall is small, and I am not sure if you could fit a pair of 50's in it very well; my 42's were snug. Inside the case is a flexible partition, which seems to catch and impede the glasses consistently, frustrating me to the point of considering cutting it out. My pack developed a squeak at the torso clip attachment, a constant nusiance; even my normal breathing was accompanied with a audible creaking. I had to use moleskin in the field to remedy the issue, which was time NOT well spent. I did like the two small side cargo compartments however, which seemed to hold my wind checker and an open reed call securely and accessible. The retail price is silly, but what else would you expect from Sitka ($99), I found mine for $65 and thought I would give them a go; glad I did because now I know what I truly demand out of a binocular pack.

dhershberger
12-22-2011, 08:09 PM
I want the S4 bino harness Lockdown!

jenbickel
12-22-2011, 09:54 PM
I have the badlands one and I love it!

beav906
12-22-2011, 11:01 PM
I use the s4. Works great.i put it through the ringer. Stays in place and out of the way. Rides under a pack beautifully and works flawlessly when getting in and out to view

brandenbowhunter
12-30-2011, 11:23 PM
www.fhfgear.com

I have had the S4 gear and the Badlands one...this one is by far the best I have found...and you can get it customized!

brandenbowhunter
12-30-2011, 11:25 PM
Seriously...look at the www.fhfgear.com eastmans just did a product highlight on the bearspray holder....