PDA

View Full Version : Muzzleloader Supplies

Colorado Cowboy
09-05-2013, 08:42 AM
I was in my local Walmart yesterday shopping for a few items for my hunting trip later this month. I always go by the sporing goods section to see what they might have thats new. Especially in the fall before hunting season, they have a lot of new items, I even saw some new compound bows and other archery supplies that I had not seen here before.

Subject of my post....they have a ton of T/C stuff. All kinds of accesories from T/C that I know our local store has not had before. I bought several items I saw and saved me ordering online. They also had lots of ammo (as compared to earlier this year), but are limiting purchases. The only thing they didn't have much of was M/L bullets, just Powerbelts.

tdub24
09-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Ya our local Walmart carries a lot of TC ML products as well. Really convenient to stop in instead of ordering online like you said. Our store does carry TC sabots, which I shoot, so that is really nice too.

Colorado Cowboy
09-05-2013, 09:13 AM
No sabots here...of course they are not allowed in Colorado. I did also buy some Winchester M/L primers to try, first time I've seen them there.

tdub24
09-05-2013, 10:13 AM
I tried out some ml primers, I think made by Federal Fusion. They supposedly got with Thompson Center and came up with this hot load primer that was supposed to ignite the powder quicker. They were horrible, actually shot 5 rounds, 3 were delayed ignition which is ridiculous. So I went back to what I was using before, Winchester W209 primers for shotshells. They go off immediately and never seemed to clog my breach plug. Are these the same ML primers you got?

Those are the only two I have tried, just figure if the shotshell ones are working without flaws, do not see any reason to change. Works well in my Pro Hunter.

Colorado Cowboy
09-05-2013, 11:48 AM
The ones I bought are Winchester 777 "209 primers for M/L rifles" After reading some of the previous post on different types of primers, thought I'd give these a try. Only bought 100, so if they don't wokk, no loss. I'll use them in my Cowboy Shooting in my 12 ga BP reloads.

FrontierMuzzleloading
09-05-2013, 01:13 PM
get in touch with Carlos at eds gun shop, hes got everything and anytime you buy powder, he normally has the hazmat fee built into the bulk order and something like $6 - 7 shipping.
http://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com/t3375-ed-s-gun-shop-blackhorn209-store

Old Hunter
09-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Our Wallyworld carries no ML supplies. Groan*

Keep in mind those primers made for muzzleloaders will NOT work with BH 209.

Colorado Cowboy
09-05-2013, 04:43 PM

Keep in mind those primers made for muzzleloaders will NOT work with BH 209.

I only load Goex or APP.

Old Hunter
09-05-2013, 06:42 PM
That's fine, and the less powerful ML primers will work better for those powders. Actually, for all the subs, except BH.

Colorado Cowboy
09-05-2013, 06:54 PM

They had a real great selection of T/C stuff. Ask the dept or store mgr why they don't have any. WM obviously corporate buys from them.

Old Hunter
09-05-2013, 07:33 PM
We've asked. They don't seem to care.