PDA

View Full Version : Next Gen rangefinder

aballoga
09-05-2013, 06:26 PM
This is a sneak preview of the next generation of hunting rangefinders as well as an unusual opportunity to view a piece of technology pre-market. In exchange, we ask only for some thoughts and discussion from those who matter most.

The demo video for Visual Orientation System (VOS) is presented on the 2nd page of a 3 minute questionnaire. We are happy to address any questions left along with an address in the final comments section no personal information required (State or non-US country only).

Link to video: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5XN6YVF

Colorado Cowboy
09-05-2013, 06:50 PM
I now use a Swaro monocular/rangefinder combo and love it. Very useful, and only one piece of equipment! Thanks for the heads up, I'll be on the lookout for it.

ssliger
09-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Looks real interesting

Fatrascal
09-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Very cool. fatrascal.

Ikeepitcold
09-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Very cool. I'm curious to the cost when this comes out on the market.

In God We Trust
09-06-2013, 08:00 PM
The concept is awesome

JasonGNV
09-08-2013, 06:50 PM
So this setup basically locks a GPS coordinate on the critter your hunting and allows you to know the direction/location of your quarry? Isn't that taking away from the hunt a little? I guess its not much different than having a buddy spot while you sneak but I think technology is getting a little crazy. I do use binos and a range finder(no angle calc.)

ando_31
09-08-2013, 09:06 PM
So this setup basically locks a GPS coordinate on the critter your hunting and allows you to know the direction/location of your quarry? Isn't that taking away from the hunt a little? I guess its not much different than having a buddy spot while you sneak but I think technology is getting a little crazy. I do use binos and a range finder(no angle calc.)

I was wondering the same thing. I have blown many stalks on muleys because I get my location messed up. That is part of the hunt to me. I feel like it would be cheating a bit, but I can't say I wouldn't buy one of these units...

aballoga
09-23-2013, 08:23 PM
The survey is now closed.

Many thanks to all who participated - your enthusiasm and support are greatly appreciated.

Good hunting,
AB