PDA

View Full Version : A hunter started the Rim Fire...

JMSZ
09-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Word on the news last night is that a hunter built a campfire and it got out of control.

Sounds like they know who he is, apparently he's not going to be arrested, but he's looking at one heck of a bill.

mattdeere
09-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Yeah about 70 Million.

Colorado Cowboy
09-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Any opportunity for the media to be negative about hunters, shooters and gun owners is never overlooked. Headline could easily have read "CAMPER built campfire...............

When that fire started there wasn't much open for hunting...pigs and predator/varmints.

ivorytip
09-06-2013, 02:12 PM
who needed a fire in all this heat anyway?????????

sjsmallfield
09-06-2013, 04:14 PM
When that fire started there wasn't much open for hunting...pigs and predator/varmints.

Actually it was opening weekend of archery season. That is zone D6.

mt-mike
09-06-2013, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE= Headline could easily have read "CAMPER built campfire................[/QUOTE]

Interesting, this is exactly what I said when told they were blaming it on a "hunter."

shootbrownelk
09-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Interesting, this is exactly what I said when told they were blaming it on a "hunter."

Yeah Mike, I hear you. Must be the same "HUNTERS" that shoot-up road signs and vandalize public property.

Ikeepitcold
09-07-2013, 08:53 AM
They were saying an illegal grow for awhile and how the country was not accessible. Really? Not accessible? Well I was bummed to hear it was a hunter.

hoshour
09-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Being a hunter means being part of a huge family that runs the spectrum from really obnoxious, unprincipled jerks to some real princes.

That's the way it is with just about any group, but people from outside the group take their cues from the news, which is parsed and written by a pretty liberal bunch not exactly friendly toward us evil, bloodthirsty Bambi-killers.

With me being an evangelical, white male, Republican southerner and hunter, the national news routinely throws darts at me from several angles. Good thing the government knows all about just about everything so they can step in and protect our image and our rights!! :)

Never in Doubt
09-13-2013, 11:44 AM
I want to know how this dummy let the forest fire start. It was really hot that week, and dry. At what point does a guy go, "hey, you know what would really help beat the heat and help us relax tonight? A huge bonfire! Yeah, over there under those dry pine trees would be perfect!"