PDA

View Full Version : Blister Control on Feet

Brady
09-09-2013, 07:11 PM
What the best way to avoid blisters or at least patch them up on your feet up on the mountain?

Thanks
Brady

25contender
09-09-2013, 07:44 PM
I was just about to shut down the computer for a few weeks and saw this. Check out this thread lots of good info.
http://www.eastmans.com/forum/showthread.php/4825-how-to-keep-your-feet-in-good-shape

Musket Man
09-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Get good boots and socks that fit properly and change socks during the day to keep your feet dry will help alot.

Brady
09-10-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm training with my boots on now to go ahead and rub some blisters but I know there will be more once I'm 10 miles back in the wilderness. How about those adhesive pads? Anyone used them? Like moleskin kind of..

Musket Man
09-10-2013, 08:34 PM
I havent used them but I have used sports tape. Put a small piece with the stickey side away from the blister then stick it to your foot with a bigger piece over it. Im sure there are better ways but you can fix about anything with sports tape in a pinch!

brooks
09-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Duck tape works real good so does the white medical tape . Carry it with you, if you start to feel a blister coming on tape your feet up like a football player or just tape them up before you head out..... no blisters.....It really works great.

tttoadman
09-11-2013, 07:34 AM
I hit this topic a long time ago, and got some great advise. I am confident this will be my most comfortable year ever.

Change your socks mid day. Get a good pair of insoles with good arch support. Get boots that fit. If you are hunting warm weather, don't pack on extra socks. If you don't want to get a smaller boot, you are better off to get a thicker insole that will snug up the fit so you can wear a normal sock layer. Let your feet breath as much as possible. Definetely watch the videos from Guy Eastman.