PDA

View Full Version : Favorite beer from your state

turkey23
09-24-2013, 06:03 PM
As I sit on the couch drinking a good cold beer I thought I would ask what’s your favorite beer brewed in your state. For me being a Pennsylvania guy I have to go with Yuengling.

Fink
09-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Oh man... We are fortunate to have several great breweries in Missouri, most notable being boulevard, mothers and shlafly. I think my favorite would be Boulevards Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale. Or, Mothers Winter Grind coffee stout.

Impossible to choose. I love craft brews. I'm a beer snob

JasonGNV
09-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Has to be Ickyosauras from Great Basin Brewery. They have several great brews but the Icky is my favorite. I have to admit that there are several Cali brews I love to. North Coast Brewery has some goodies, Prankster Ale is my favorite when I visit Fort Bragg. Honestly there aren't many beers I'd turn down tho. A biiddy at work says his favorite is free beer!

wapiti66
09-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Prairie Pale from Little Apple Brewery. Good and hoppy. Another great is Tallgrass Ale. Im with you guys, I don't turn down very many beers.

In God We Trust
09-24-2013, 08:05 PM
Banquet beer

Musket Man
09-24-2013, 08:07 PM
NONE! All good beer is made in Colorado:) LOL We do have some good Dry Fly wheat whiskey made here in Washington.

norcalhunter
09-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Just trying a couple Flipside's by Sierra Nevada, pretty good. Also like Racer 5 and Lagunitas IPA.

Fink
09-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Prairie Pale from Little Apple Brewery. Good and hoppy. Another great is Tallgrass Ale. Im with you guys, I don't turn down very many beers.

Mmmmmmm, tallgrass! Buffalo sweat is tasty as well!

Shooter
09-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Dick's pale ale from Dick's Brewery. I also like Dick’s Barley Wine Ale.

JMSZ
09-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Indian Wells Valley Blackout Stout - It's the best of all worlds - It's really good, the brewery is 5 miles from my house (fresh beer and some good deals) and the steakhouse next door to the brewery has it on tap for $3.75 a pint.

My next up is Firestone Brewery (Paso Robles) Porter

BleuBijou
09-25-2013, 01:25 AM
So many! Fat Tire, 90 Schilling, Coors original, Herman Josephs, Winterfest, Sixth Glass ( although it is from KC ) and Nutcracker as well both from Boulevard Brewery KC.

mnhunter
09-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Lots to choose from in Minnesota too: Grainbelt Premium, Any of the Summits, Schell's, Fulton, and a ton more micro brews. I think my favorite right now is Lift Bridge Brewery Farmgirl, from Stillwater, MN.

mrcowboy
09-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Santa Fe Brewing Company Happy Camper IPA.

NVBird'n'Big
09-25-2013, 01:51 PM
I second Jason, Great Basins Icky is hard to beat and is a staple in the Reno area. I have heard that Ruby Mountain Brewing Co from the Elko area makes some great beer but I have never tried it. Not sure if I can get it in Reno though.

Timberstalker
09-25-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm not a big beer drinker these days, when I do buy a local beer it's Blonde Bombshell from Cascade Lakes Brewery, Redmond Or. Reading this thread makes me want one now?? I think I will pick up a six pack today!

Ricochet
09-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Mcmenamin's Terminator Stout is a good beer. They make Ruby whitch is good as well. Oregon has so many breweries it would take all day to list them. Oregon is big time into Micro breweries. That and food carts/trucks.

CrimsonArrow
09-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Lake Superior Brewing Company out of Duluth, MN makes a classic pale ale that is pretty good. That's probably my favorite MN beer. If I had to pick one state only to drink the beer from, it would be Oregon, though. Mt. Hood pale ale, or Ice Axe pale ale. Good stuff.

AT Hiker
09-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Wew have a few small micro-breweries that are good. Of course our Whiskey is good and corn liquor aint bad either!

However, my favorite beer is Big Sky Brewing Company, MT...Moose Drool, Antelope IPA, etc. Actually planning a vacation to Glacier with plans to stop by the brewery if we can.

CrimsonArrow
09-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Wew have a few small micro-breweries that are good. Of course our Whiskey is good and corn liquor aint bad either!

However, my favorite beer is Big Sky Brewing Company, MT...Moose Drool, Antelope IPA, etc. Actually planning a vacation to Glacier with plans to stop by the brewery if we can.
Their Scape Goat pale ale is really good, one of the best.

lp2506
09-27-2013, 02:20 PM
WOW. I have never heard of hardly any of these. I'm a Bud Light man.

wolftalonID
09-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Mackenaw Red from Mccall brewery here in idaho. Very nice red,

T43
09-28-2013, 09:17 AM
There are a lot of great ones around but my favorite would depend on my mood and what I'm eating I suppose. The red from McCall is good most of the stuff out of Victor is good I stopped by and had a double batch sweetgrass that hit the spot that day. There is some good brews in Salmon and Hailey and I was impressed with the beer from Portnuf as well. I like just about any beer as long as its not in a green bottle and I have had the samplers from a lot of breweries. I think it would be hard to pick 1 above the rest.

Stlmodroptine
09-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Great divide Denver Pale Ale

tkeslar
10-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Anything by Big Sky Brewery up in Missoula is good stuff. It's hard to get down here in Texas though. There's a good brewery about 20 minutes from me in Houston called St. Arnold that makes some great beers. The Elissa IPA is one of the best I've had. Their Lawnmower and Santo beers are mighty tasty as well.

chiefgobbler
10-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Found this Beer by accident while fishing Edison Lake. Great dark Beer with a great molasses flavor. The label is not bad either!6735