PDA

View Full Version : Willow Creek Road

nickpaolini81
09-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Anyone know this road? Would we be able to pull a 5th wheel down toward cow butte? Is it too tough/sloppy?

mattdeere
09-29-2013, 08:12 PM
What part of Wyoming?

nickpaolini81
09-30-2013, 06:49 AM
SouthWest of Kaycee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

AT Hiker
10-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Never been on that road but I would have a back up plan for sure. I would hate to have that thing stuck out there.

Do you have a spot located where you plan to park it? Looks like very little BLM land on that road.

mattdeere
10-01-2013, 04:13 PM
SouthWest of Kaycee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

I'm not familiar with that road either. I hunted around Kaycee several years ago and there is a lot of private land. Sorry I can't help.

BobT
10-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Never been on that road but I would have a back up plan for sure. I would hate to have that thing stuck out there.

Do you have a spot located where you plan to park it? Looks like very little BLM land on that road.

I wouldn't pull a camper down ANY county road in Wyoming that I have ever been on. Back up plan is a very good idea. Have you ever been to that area?

nickpaolini81
10-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Never. This is our first rodeo in Wyoming. From the looks of it on Google Earth, it doesnt look all that nasty, however I am aware of the variables in weather.

norcalhunter
10-02-2013, 11:02 PM
In the past I have stashed my trailer on the side of a road or somewhere to check accessibilty and spots to camp. May take a little longer but usually well worth it. I've had to turn around in some pretty bad areas before, not much fun.

AT Hiker
10-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Never. This is our first rodeo in Wyoming. From the looks of it on Google Earth, it doesnt look all that nasty, however I am aware of the variables in weather.

I can assure you those roads in that area can get nasty quick! I have never been on that road, but I have been on others in that area. The slightest bit of moisture will cause you to have quickcrete all over your camper, and if you pull off the main road you run a risk of getting it stuck till the spring.

Check out the Hole in the Wall PRIVATE campground just west of Kaycee. You will likely have to drive a lot further to your hunt area, but at least it will save you the stress of getting stuck or trying to clean that gunk off from under neath your camper.