PDA

View Full Version : Eastman's Forum Members Colorado Backpacking Trip

CoHiCntry
01-05-2014, 12:37 PM
I've seen this done on other forums so I was thinking we should do one this summer. Of course any one could come but I'm assuming it would mostly be Colorado guy's? This would be a good way to meet some other guy's with similar interests and maybe the start of some hunting partner relationships. Lots of details to work out, dates, location etc. Would be really cool if someone drew a great tag we could scout for in the process. Comments? Anyone interested? Who's in???

Ikeepitcold
01-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Sounds like a great idea.

ElkTrout
01-05-2014, 01:41 PM
I think that would be a great idea!

eye in sky
01-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Great idea. I'd be interested in joining.

Work2hunt
01-06-2014, 04:14 PM
I like it, but I'm probably too far away to partake.

BKC
01-06-2014, 05:38 PM
If it worked out with my schedule, I would be all over this. Also like to get my horses and mule out for some conditioning if nobody minded.

mnhoundman
01-06-2014, 06:04 PM
I would love to, but would be a long haul for me. Have to see what happens.

Colorado Cowboy
01-06-2014, 06:24 PM
A lot would depend on the timing. Have quite a bit planned for this summer. But if it isn't too hard, I can try and keep up with you young, trail hounds!

sjsmallfield
01-06-2014, 06:27 PM
A lot would depend on the timing. Have quite a bit planned for this summer. But if it isn't too hard, I can try and keep up with you young, trail hounds!

If CC is going I'm going I may have to make a road trip! Just the stories alone would be worth the drive!!

Colorado Cowboy
01-06-2014, 09:19 PM
We'll see what the date is.

Kentucky hunter
01-06-2014, 09:30 PM
I would go but looks like 2014 may be booked sounds like it could be a fun time!

westenvy
01-08-2014, 04:57 PM
I would be in if I can make it work for work days. Keep us posted.

Kevin Root
01-09-2014, 07:46 AM
I’d be interested. I’m looking at wanting to try out some Kifaru packs and stopping by their shop in Colorado to check them out. I told myself I’d never by another hunting pack, even with good reviews without trying it out first. Putting a backpack trip into my trip sounds like a fun option if the date works out. It would be cool to see some of the folks in person from this forum.

CoHiCntry
01-09-2014, 08:18 AM
I’d be interested. I’m looking at wanting to try out some Kifaru packs and stopping by their shop in Colorado to check them out. I told myself I’d never by another hunting pack, even with good reviews without trying it out first. Putting a backpack trip into my trip sounds like a fun option if the date works out. It would be cool to see some of the folks in person from this forum.

I've been wanting to check out a Kifaru pack too. Maybe they would let us "test drive" a couple for this trip and we could report back to this forum so they would maybe sell a few more packs??? Good for us... good for them...

Engideer
01-09-2014, 10:17 AM
I come out every summer to put out game cameras. If the dates and places worked out, that would be a lot of fun.

MileHigh
01-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Interested!

Colorado Cowboy
01-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Went to the Ortho Dr today, ankle has been killing me. Xrays showed ankle is totally "gone" to use his words. He recommended a total replacement or at least a orthoscopic cleanup. Not so convinced a replacement is the thing to do, so a "cleanup" will be done. Problem is no walkin/running for awhile. Need to get this fixed and start getting into shape so I can make it if its around june or later.

Thats what I get for thinking I was indestructable when I was young and playing football. Same leg as the one with the knee replacement. Anybody know where I can get a body do over!!!

MileHigh
01-12-2014, 12:52 AM
Went to the Ortho Dr today, ankle has been killing me. Xrays showed ankle is totally "gone" to use his words. He recommended a total replacement or at least a orthoscopic cleanup. Not so convinced a replacement is the thing to do, so a "cleanup" will be done. Problem is no walkin/running for awhile. Need to get this fixed and start getting into shape so I can make it if its around june or later.

Thats what I get for thinking I was indestructable when I was young and playing football. Same leg as the one with the knee replacement. Anybody know where I can get a body do over!!!

Sorry to hear that CC. Hope you have a quick recovery.

CoHiCntry
01-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Sounds like a lot of interest. Will have to set a date in the next couple months and see if it works out for most. If anyone draws a Colorado goat or sheep tag maybe we could turn it into a scouting/ backpacking trip??? Might be to late by the time the results are out for planning purposes though? PM me if you have suggestions or comments.

BKC
01-15-2014, 06:51 PM
Late July or early August after all the trails opened up, from the snow, would be nice.

Retterath
01-15-2014, 07:23 PM
i would be interested in doing that, it would really be fun meeting some of u guys,it would be a long drive for me but i could drop wife and kids off in loveland or fort collins to visit her sister, so maybe i could make it work. let me know what u guys think

CoHiCntry
01-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Late July or early August after all the trails opened up, from the snow, would be nice.

I agree...

ScottR
02-09-2014, 10:27 PM
Any closer on dates for this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CoHiCntry
02-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Any closer on dates for this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Haven't given an exact date much thought. When can you go?

ScottR
02-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Not sure, i will see what i can find out.

Grizz
02-10-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm down if I can pull it off... pretty busy summer. I'm a member on a flyfishing forum as well and they do stuff like this all over the country! Always a blast.

AT Hiker
02-14-2014, 10:32 PM
Man I wish I lived closer!