PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Rio

Muleyslayer
05-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Kind of late but I've been super busy. A couple fo weeks ago my buddy Jace and I were hunting turkey's down in southeastern Colorado. We had been set up on some birds all afternoon. About an hour before dark things had slowed way down and we decided to try and roost birds in another location. As soon as we broke the blind down and started for the truck two toms gobbled just in the timber from us. We jumped into an irrigation ditch and just sat quiet, hopingt not to spook the birds as we could tell they were going to pass by us very closely. In just a minute or two I had two giant long beards at just feet from me in the tall grass. As they went into strut I managed to draw my bow and I was able to pound the biggest bird with a 7 yard shot. My biggest CO bird to date. 1 inch spurs and 10 inch beard, probably a 3 year old. Was an awesome experience. I am haviing this one mounted in a full strut on a pedestal.

RUTTIN
05-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Nice job Muleyslayer, I'm still at it, first time hunting turkeys and still trying to get the hang of things, but it is fun. Kind of like chasing small elk. If I wasn't packing the bow I might have got it done. Congrats you'll have to post a pic when the mount is done

miller1
05-13-2011, 02:58 PM
nice bird marc, those are pretty

Muleyslayer
05-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. And thanks for the kind words on the other post as well! I would share a camp fire with you guys any day!

Marc

sjsmallfield
05-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Great bird. Congrats!!