PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Pro Shop

ssliger
05-18-2011, 08:51 PM
I have only been hunting using Archery tackle for 2 years and i can say without a doubt without my local pro shop i would be completely lost. I just wanted to start this thread so we can give some credit to the fine people who work on our bows. My local pro shop is Bullseye Archery in Laramie WY. Charlie is one of the most knowledgeable hunters i have come across. Tops in my book.

bullelk
05-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Bud and Kathy Robison at Downwind Archery east of Idaho Falls have treated me well over the years. They are top notch and are never too busy to lend a helping hand. I have recommended them to many people, and none of them ever came back to me with a complaint.

T43
05-19-2011, 09:17 AM
I just got into archery and at the recommendation of several friends I stopped by and talked to Wayne at High Dessert Sports in Hailey ID. Just as everyone said, he was helpful, knowledgeable and even showed me his new personal bow. I also realized to my surprise his prices were competitive with Cabela's. Possible a bit cheaper when you factor in shipping or gas to drive to Boise.

801archer
05-21-2011, 02:48 PM
I dig wilde arrow in centerville utah, i live about an hour away and pass a few shops that are closer. Ask for jeremiah, or kody no egos super good dudes have had nothing but good experiences!

chuffness
05-21-2011, 04:25 PM
I dig wilde arrow in centerville utah, i live about an hour away and pass a few shops that are closer. Ask for jeremiah, or kody no egos super good dudes have had nothing but good experiences!

Never been to Wilde Arrow. But I keep hearing good things.. Gonna have to check em out.

Maxhunter
05-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Never been to Wilde Arrow. But I keep hearing good things.. Gonna have to check em out.

Jeremiah is one of the most knowledgable bow tech I know and I've been at this game for almost 30 years. You won't be disappointed!

RobinHood
05-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Jake's Archery in Orem, UT. Great people and honest.

wolftalonID
05-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Meridian Idaho Sportsmans Warehouse has been my go to shop for years. This year, different techs in there. Just took mine in for new strings and will be interesting to see how well the new guys there do this time.
Past experience has brought me back to them, and so far have not been anything but very happy.

Jerry
05-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Kutch Archery in Yamhill Or. Always there when you need them, very fair and competitive pricing on everything. Too bad they are on the other side of the state!

Bruce Mc
05-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Viking Archery, Houston, Tx.

MT backcountry hunter
05-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Big Sky Archery here in Bozeman. There saying is "If it aint archery it aint hear"! They just opened a new shop this year with 50 yards in the basement, 20 yards up stairs and a techno range.

OR Archer
05-27-2011, 02:07 AM
The Bow Rack in Springfield, OR.

www.thebowrack.com

Come by and visit us!!

pronghorn
05-27-2011, 01:28 PM
The Archery Hut in Colorado Springs is great! Good prices, great selection and a VERY knoweldgeable staff.

Rob
05-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Archery Outfitters in Sioux Falls, SD. Kim is honest and fair priced and rewards customer loyalty well. They also have a great indoor and outdoor range and 3D coarse.

OR Archer
05-29-2011, 12:49 AM
The Bow Rack in Springfield, OR. Come visit us if you're in the area!

Juan_ID
06-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Advantage Archery in Twin Falls, ID.

nvbrushhunter
06-30-2011, 04:56 PM
We only have one true pro-shop here in the Reno area and I have never been happy with the service I've gotten. My bow goes into both Scheels and Sportsman's Warehouse and when I need a true pro-shop I'll drive the 2 hours to Wilderness Archery in Auburn Ca.

Full Draw
06-30-2011, 07:28 PM
SVA Spokane Valley, Wash. Great 3D range, target butts out to 90 yards and a very experienced pro-shop.

wolftalonID
06-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Ok...quick update on Meridian Sportsmans. Techs put my WinnersChoice strings on just fine. I didnt look at the silencers though till just the other day. I bought the tarantula ones. Three are heads up and one is head down!!! AHHHHH.... apparently the tech doesn't suffer from OCD as much as I do.

If I miss my shot this year from staring at my strings instead of the target.....Im gonna be really pissed.
Maybe I could just fix it too.....but that takes cutting a serving and then what?..... SIGH......back to staring at my upside down silencer. ;P

jameson hawn
07-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Riverside Archery in Mount Vernon, Washington has my vote. They are some of the best people out there and do excellent work, no matter how screwed up my bow is! Gary the owner is the man!

NM_Archer
07-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Expert Archery, Farmingtion NM, Talk to Jeremy and Larry! Great Guys, Great shop!

Joe Hulburt
07-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Kutch Archery in Yamhill Or. Always there when you need them, very fair and competitive pricing on everything. Too bad they are on the other side of the state!

Of all the Archery shops in Oregon Kutch has my vote! Kenny went way out of his way to find a left handed bow with a short enough draw length (that went to 50#) for one of my kids when he was 12 and wanted to bow hunt. Nobody else I talked to could do it but Kenny had one in a couple days. My son killed his first bull with that bow a few months later!

Nothing flashy about Kutch but they do take care of their customers and care about getting kids out hunting.

Idabow
07-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Archery Idaho in Idaho Falls, ID. Tom Theil does a great job and nobody has the selection of inventory he has .

northforkecap
07-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Wayne Endicott is the owner of The Bow Rack in Springfield, OR. When I started bowhunting back in 1998, he's the one that got me going and has been a huge help in terms of knowledge, equipment options and hunting info. It happens to be the shop that Cameron Hanes uses as well. I now live in So. Ore. but The Bow Rack is still my main shop.

Drhorsepower
07-08-2011, 12:39 AM
We only have one true pro-shop here in the Reno area and I have never been happy with the service I've gotten. My bow goes into both Scheels and Sportsman's Warehouse and when I need a true pro-shop I'll drive the 2 hours to Wilderness Archery in Auburn Ca.

You don't like house of arrows? I have had nothing but good customer service and good pricing. Love to hear though

klopdog
07-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Bugs and Bullets in Butte MT is amazing. Ray and the guys GET IT! In 2005 I had an opening day mishap with my hunting bow. I took it to Ray and he had to order the parts from Bowtech. He then went on to loan me his 3D bow so that I could make an upcoming hunt. This was like the 5th time I had been in the shop. Its not like I new this quy from way back. Again, Ill say it. AMAZING!

gunnihunter
07-14-2011, 08:37 PM
What about something in the south Denver metro area? I am not seeing any Colorado guys posting and I am in desperate need of a good shop.

rpeebles
08-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Archery In the Wild in Longmont, CO has my vote. Boyd Wild and his crew will get you set up right.

BOHNTR
08-13-2011, 08:36 AM
Riverside Archery in Riverside, CA. My hunting partner (Wally) is the owner.

http://www.riversidearcheryca.net/index.html

Bootdog
08-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Sullivans Outfitters in Bryan, Tx. Eddie the owner and Rusty do great work and have amazing customer service

powellpounder
08-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Humphries in American Fork, and Payson Utah.

Doe Nob
08-19-2011, 01:55 PM
West Houston Archery does all my work now, run by the same people that own the Bow Zone on the north side of Houston. I used to have to drive out there before the new store opened up, now its in my backyard!

elivingston
08-20-2011, 09:33 AM
The Nock Point (http://thenockpoint.com/), in Mountlake Terrace, WA.

DryFlyGuy
08-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Unfortunately, I am not aware of a good pro-shop around the Cody, WY area. I'm not out to denigrate any of the local shops, but I feel like there is definitely room for improvement.