PDA

View Full Version : colorado question .

turk870
03-16-2014, 05:25 PM
im going to be trying to do a mule deer hunt in co. this year.my wife wants to go along but will not have a tag and not hunting.my question is this legal.here in tenn.you can not even be on public land without a lic. and on private land they can go but can not paticpate in any hunting activity.ie calling,cant touch the game,so this is why im checking.
thanks

Colorado Cowboy
03-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Bring her along....no problem here.

Ridn9high
03-16-2014, 05:46 PM
She can go with you on your hunt in Colorado and it will be fine! It's a lot better to have family and friends with you to enjoy the memories, even if they don't have a tag. Good luck!

trkytrack2
03-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Say what? You have to have a license just to be on public land? The real question is....why would you even consider living in such a stupid place?
No-one needs a license to step foot on public land in Colorado or anywhere else in the west. That's actually the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. You folks need to get around to getting those dumb laws changed. VOTE the fools that enacted those stupid laws out of office. Public land belongs to the public not to some bureaucrat that insists on dictating what you can and can't do or where you can or can't go.

turk870
03-16-2014, 05:55 PM
thanks.
,think we are going to try for an early season high country hunt.we both love to backpack.so she is looking forward to going.and im looking forward to having someone to help with the load if I get lucky.got to get a tag first.

Musket Man
03-16-2014, 06:26 PM
What is the reason for the law you cant be on public land without a license?? No laws like that out here! There may be a few on a nonhunter carrying a gun during an open season but thats is all.

turk870
03-16-2014, 07:02 PM
not sure of reason.few years ago use to hunt turkeys on a wma(wildlife management area).called the local game warden and asked him about bringing someone along that would just be watching,not calling or participating in any way.i was informed that no one without the proper lic. was not allowed on the wma during hunting season.

swampokie
03-16-2014, 07:09 PM
On some state properties you must have a conservation passport to birdwatch or even use the area. The reason for this is that some areas cater to non consumptive users on the dime of hunters and fisherman. This was created to allow them to contribute to the areas like the hunters do

swampokie
03-16-2014, 07:11 PM
As far as I know this doesn't apply to any federal property

Alabama
03-16-2014, 08:56 PM
It doesn't apply to federal lands. We have something similar here on state owned wildlife management areas. You can go onto them if you have a wma license. It's only $20, so it's not a big deal. Anyone can buy a wma license, not just hunters. It's basically a trespass fee to help the state pay for the land use and employees who maintain roads, plant foodplots, pick up trash on campgrounds, maintain ponds and shooting ranges, etc. These lands are closed to all use from May 1st to September 1st and closed every Wednesday and Thursday from Sept 2nd to April 30th. The biologist told me they want it peaceful and stress free for the animals during the birthing and rearing months of late spring and early summer. I think it's about the employees during the rest of the year. I've never heard of someone not being able to call or even handle an animal on private land without a license. I don't think that is true. The guy who told you that is obviously just blowing smoke up your a$$ imo.

gypsumreaper
03-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Heck ya she can go, she can do anything for you except shoot, she doesn't even have to wear blaze orange although I would suggest it unless ur archery hunting. Welcome to Colorado where public lands are public

If you get meat from the store then dont criticize me for having the courage to go out and kill my own meat