PDA

View Full Version : Hoyt Alphaburner

hoythunterdad
05-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Anyone out there shooting this bow? Was wandering how much the short brace height affected forgiveness and accuracy.

Full Draw
05-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Just bought one this year and love it! As far as accurate it's a tack driver, getting used to the spiral cams took a little bit. You really can't try to creep with this bow. As far as the bh and forgivness I don't see it. Proper form and shot sequence and one bow will shoot with any other bow. Do you have a Burner or are you looking at one?

hoythunterdad
06-07-2011, 02:40 PM
I have a vantage elite with spirals that I use for target archery. Really like the cams and was really leaning towards buying an alphaburner for hunting. I pull hard into the wall on my shots and this works for me. I agree with you that it comes down to your form and shot sequence. Just wanted an opinion on what other folks thought before I made the purchase. Thanks.

elkhnter1
07-13-2011, 02:49 PM
This is my second year shooting the Alpha Burner and it is a very accurate bow. It did take a little getting use to the spirals but it is a forgiving bow. I shot mine for hunting and 3D's and it worked great for both.

huntnfool62
12-08-2011, 05:23 PM
I own a burner and you can torque the riser so proper grip and shot sequence is more inportant than with a bow with a longer brace height Pactice ,practice ,practice