PDA

View Full Version : Arrow Releases

Mike1116
06-10-2011, 07:08 AM
I use a standard hand release. I was wandering if any of you archery hunters have used the new releases that fold back on your wrist out of the way. How long have you used one? How does the release hold up to continues use? Has anything worn out fairly quickly?

jimmyk
06-10-2011, 10:03 AM
I use a Trufire Hurricane foldback that I like really well. I have used the TruFire Edge as well, but prefer the hurricane because it is a little bigger and I have large hands.

MarkTheFark
06-10-2011, 11:37 AM
I have the TruFire Edge foldback, and I like it a lot. (I like the forward trigger model). It was a little tough to fold back when it was new, but it has become easier, while still retaining plenty of tension to stay put no matter of you have it folded back, or folded out.

JNDEER
06-10-2011, 05:56 PM
I have a primos fletcher .44 release. My brother, cousin and I all have the same one and we all have had it for 6 years in rain, snow, cold etc. with zero issues!

goindeep
06-15-2011, 11:11 AM
I use a scott little bitty goose, I just spin the release around to the back side of my hand when I'm not using it. It keeps it out of the way and out of the dirt when I'm crawling.

brudno
06-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Spott Hogg Wiseguy, I just got one 2 days ago, I've never shot my bow better, it folds out of the way so I dont have to worry about it smacking on my rangefinder making noise, and it has a nice crisp trigger, I really wish I'd of had one last year. I think the release vs the rangefinder cost me my first muley last year.

SDbowhunter
06-15-2011, 09:45 PM
My buddy uses a trufire that folds back and he really likes it, I like a smaller sized release, I use a scott wildcat in the shortest length and do what goindeep does and just rotate it to the back of my hand, does the same thing and then if your wearing a coat it won't for some reason be inside my sleeve when things happen fast.