PDA

View Full Version : Bird Hunters

MSUcat61
06-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Hey NV guys,

First year applying in NV, and not surprisingly, I didn't draw any big game tags. Since I didn't draw, I've been thinking it should give me ample opportunity to get my German Shorthair out and about. I'm currently in Las Vegas, but will be moving to Reno this summer. I got him out chasing some Gambel's quail last year down here in the desert and am really looking forward to getting my pup on some chukar; btw, I've never even shot a chukar before.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone on here also bird hunts. And if so, if they could give any suggestions on areas to look or even if anyone would wanna go chase around some birds some time.

SDbowhunter
06-19-2011, 07:33 AM
Lots of Pheasants up here in South Dakota. NR is $114 for 10 days. license is over the counter. limit is 3 birds a day for five days, then you have to go visit Mt. Rushmore and come back and kill another 3 birds a day for 5 more days ;)

Drhorsepower
06-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Seriously, all over up here. I live 25 minutes north of reno and have birds with a 5 minute quad ride. Just go to blm land and don't put too much pressure on one group of birds. Spread the love. Go drive around, you'll see something. Lovelock, winnemucca has more birds than anything local. That is what I would suggest. Reno birds get hit pretty hard.

eblondheim
06-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Oh man just like Drhorsepower said they are everywhere except in Lovelock.....LOL!!!!