PDA

View Full Version : Bowhunting the Backcountry- Check out my blog site

arrowslinger21
02-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey Everybody,
This is a blog that I am just starting up devoted to backcountry bowhunting. It will include hunting tactics, workouts, gear reviews and gear that I use, and everything else that the backcountry entails. Check it out and tell me what you think. my email is Arrowslinger21@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Kevin Underwood

http://kevinunderwoodbowhunting.blogspot.com/

elkmtngear
02-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Great article on Backcountry Bears, Kevin! Nice work!

Best of Luck,
Jeff

snortwheeze
02-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Awesome stuff! Good work!

THEBUGLER
02-26-2011, 10:15 AM
I like it Kevin! Keep it up.

elktracker
02-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Kevin, great articles so far. I liked your points about building mental toughness.
I'm planning my first solo archery spot and stalk spring bear hunt here in WY so thanks for the tips, just hope I see more black bears than grizzlies.

arrowslinger21
02-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Thanks elktracker. Spring bear hunting is one of my favorite times of year, and definitely my favorite spring activity. I have had pretty good success in Oregon with just staying in areas with good green forage and that have plenty of open space. Finding them is most of the battle. Ive killed some with a rifle as well, but the bow makes it a lot tougher for sure. Good Luck! I'd love to hear your stories after your hunt this year!

elktracker
03-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Arrowslinger, I will keep you updated on any success or close calls I have this year. I plan on giving it a good honest try with my bow before resorting to picking up a rifle but I don't want to burn the tag so I am not ruling it out.

Timberline
03-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Good read. My suggestion would be change your font so it's easier to read. It about killed my eyes trying to read it.

mthuntress
03-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Kevin,I loved it but can you change the font and make the print bigger please it killed my eyes.

arrowslinger21
03-18-2011, 04:46 PM
yeah sorry guys. The font is supposed to be normal as far as I know. I hadn't tried to change it but something may have gotten messed up. Weird stuff happens from time to time since I copy and paste stuff in that I type on word, and because I use a mac. Ill give it a look though.

arrowslinger21
03-18-2011, 04:47 PM
I also forget that pc computers do not zoom in and out on web pages with the flick of a touchpad like my macbook does so the page is probably appearing in a much smaller scale than I realized. I am changing it now though. Thanks for the feedback guys!