PDA

View Full Version : Video tape your hunt

hoochiemama
07-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Has anybody had success catching an archery kill on video?

wolftalonID
07-12-2011, 07:21 PM
I usually hunt solo...and dont own a video camera..but I have some very vivid memories!! :)

Pronghorn73
07-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Back in 2002 I guided a hunter and his camera man on an archery elk hunt right here in S.E Idaho. He ended up with a small 5x5, but the footage was great. We filmed the bull for about 15 min. in a wallow rolling around raking a dead tree in the water and bugling the whole time, our bull called in another 5x5 and charged him off, then walked right into perfect bow range (about 10 yds.) for the hunter. This was filmed for a tv show on the outdoor channel and was also on their dvd/video series.

hoochiemama
07-13-2011, 12:20 AM
I usually hunt solo as well, but just bought a camera and tri pod. Lol... I used camo duct tape to on the tri pod legs... Redneck I know. I recently read Jon Lindseys story in EBHJ and he mentioned setting the camera up to capture the shot. Ive tried it in the past but sooo many other variables come into play, that I have yet to master the art of videographer/ hunter. I set a goal for this year, and Im bound and determined to catch it on film. I know it wont do justice to the actuall experience of talking to elk, but I can at
least give the little miss a small taste, for what drives us to do what we love so much. P.S. Im up for practicing my filming abilities for a beer or two...LOL

THEBUGLER
07-19-2011, 11:01 PM
"Vholder Contour HD" is a tiny 4 oz camera that can be fastened to the side of your hat with a little bit of sewing. Captures your hunt from a shooters angle in 1080I HD. I picked mine up at elk101.com, works awesome. I cant wait to use it this fall!

http://www.elk101.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=32&products_id=83&zenid=lcut7ggf5dkjd85jv2ejn0ecp6