PDA

View Full Version : Did some Sturgeon fishing in June.

fatrooster
07-14-2011, 10:10 PM
My wife and I went sturgeon fishing for the first time in June. She caught the biggest fish and won't let me hear the end of it, ha ha.
http://s918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/fatrooster/?action=view&current=039.mp4

dustyboots
07-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Right On!! I'll be headed up to the Dalles on the Columbia at the end of the month to catch. We had a day last year where we caught 12 over 6 feet and could only fish with one rod or else have multiple hookups we were on the X hope it is that good again this year seems to usually peak around the third weekend in July for the big fish

Elkcrazedfrk
07-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Nice fish..What river were you fishing? We used to catch them in the Snake river..

RUTTIN
07-15-2011, 07:32 AM
Holy Hannah is right, nice fish! How does your wife not get those pretty red nails caught in the reel? Congrats on the fish and thanks for sharing.

fatrooster
07-15-2011, 10:29 AM
We were in Cascade Lockes, Oregon on the Columbia River. I caught one about 6-7 feet long and my buddy caught two about that long. It was a great time and Oregon is a beautiful place. fatrooster.

Reflex
07-15-2011, 12:41 PM
That's awesome! I'm a sturgeon biologist working on the Platte and Missouri Rivers. Our sturgeon (shovelnose and pallid) are little guys compared to those! I'd love to get up to the Snake and catch a giant white sturgeon.

SDbowhunter
07-15-2011, 09:02 PM
nice, I caught a sturgeon in the columbia a few years ago but it was only a 4 footer awesome fish though, reflex i did catch one in the missouri once in Oahe that was cool seein them, nothin like the big white's though