Unless we hit on a big out of state tag, I'll probably stay close to home in SW Oregon this fall so.....
1) Get really proficient with our muzzleloaders and learn a brand new Blacktail deer area that my wife should draw this fall (and I have a good chance of drawing too). This hunt has good deer hunting with a muzzleloader during the rut, and will likely become our go to unit in the years to come, so I want to invest the time to learn it well.
2) For out-of-state hunt applications my main goal is to get my wife on a quality bull elk hunt....but she is just getting started with two points in most states.
3) Take a mature Roosevelt bull with my bow in SW Oregon where I live.
4) "Hunt" for big chinook salmon near home.... these guys are almost as fun as big game hunting :)
(P.S. The spell checker on here kept changing Blacktail to Blackmail...that would have made an interesting post....lol)
1. Have a good steelhead season with the fly rod
2. Have my daughter catch her first steelhead on a fly rod
3. Get a turkey and then go after a second
4. Have our group of 4 rookie antelope hunters get tags and smoke 4 goats
5. Take another whitetail with my bow
6. Get my first bear (longest shot of them all)
I would like to go on an out of state hunt for mule deer or antelope.
Bag a Spring Black Bear
Just see an Elk during the season
Draw My second Antelope tag.
I have faith you will be drawn for antelope and deer in Wy. and 1st choices .
See that my three children get their hunter safety cards so that they will be able to hunt this year. Then take them elk, deer and antelope hunting, archery and maybe rifle.
Spring Bear, over 300 lbs and color phased red. I have already seen the one I want. Colorado Mule deer, I have points and will be 70 years old, better get them used up, maybe in unit 55. Nebraska mule and whitetail deer. Maybe some better health this year for me and my wife. I had a tag for mule deer in new mexico and drove to there only to recieve a phone call telling me my wife had a stroke, she since had very sevier lung surgery at the Mayo. I had by-pass and then an anuerism surgery. I killed my bear eight days affter anuerism surgery.
Unit 55 can get pretty ugly in rifle seasons. Tons of hunters and ATV's.
Originally Posted by xtreme
Just deer and elk points in Co and Wy. Hunt my home state of Pa. hope fully my wife can bag her first whitetail with her bow.
All worthy goals gentlemen, very nice! As for me? Here goes!
1. Kill 6x6 bull with my new Z7-Extreme
2. Kill 80" Pronhorn; bow or rifle
3. Kill first Mule Deer... nothing but Whitetails for me as I've never put in the time to find a decent Mulie.
4. Fill turkey tags WITH my family and buddies!
5. Kill spring bear with bow; spot and stalk!
6. Draw Moose tag and kill a good bull; archery or rifle
Obviously, any tag draws change everything but goals are goals right? Best luck gentlemen!