current weight: 285
Goal weight: 215
Other goal: 8 minute mile
Strategies: under a 1,000 calorie a day diet until I'm down to below 230. Working with free weights and jogging at least a mile and half a day to start out. jog another half mile every 2-3 weeks. A gallon of water plus a day. etc...
Current Weight: ~195
Goal Weight: ~180
Other Goals: Stop eating fast food!
I would like to be able to run at least five miles (at an 8 minute pace) without stopping so I am going to start running about three days/week. I already lift weights frequently, but I am going to change up my leg days in order to get myself into "hunting shape." I am going to lower the wieght and do 4 sets of 20 repetitions for each leg exercise.
Good luck everybody!
goal weight-high 140's-150
other goals- run a 5 min. mile, get cut for summer. im only 17 so ya
Current weight 205
Goal Weight 170
Going to start with cardio. I will be running 7 days a week, 3 of those 7 will be hill workouts with a weighted pack. After a couple weeks I will start doing circuit weight training the 4 days I am not doing hill workouts. Need to make sure I adjust my workouts enough and continue to up the ante in my workouts so my body doesn't get too comfortable with what I am doing. My dad always said, "If it doesn't hurt, you're probably not doing it right."
Strategy: Hit it as hard as I did last year. I was 320lbs last winter.
Other Goals: I need to find a training partner. Most of my hunting partners are out of town working for the next 4 months, and my dad is having his hip replaced in a couple weeks.
1. Current Weight- 165
2. Goal Weight- Not to sound bad but its hard to gain weight and if I loose any weight I will be sickly.
3. Other Goal- P90X in the morning and get the right supplements.
4. Strategy- Continue weights in the evening and incorporate the p90x program in the mornings.(Just finished P90x and think if I used it with my own weight training, I would get incredible mountain endurance.) Run 2-3 miles three days a week. Finally, start eating more to fuel the "Crazy Man" workout program.
3) My main goal is to get under 10% body fat by the archery hunt in August. I want to backpack into the Uintahs for at least five days and still have energy after the initial hike in.
4) I will be doing crossfit and following the paleo diet.
Heck, I'll play.
Current weight: 216 uhgggg!
Hunting weight: 195
Other goals: 6 min mile
Stratagy: Crossfit, hiking,running, hill sprints, weights, and a better diet.
1. Current weight - 178
2. Goal weight - I don't really have one. My goal is to get out of these size 34" pants back into the 30" sitting the closet. So, whatever it takes to get there.
3. Other goal - Improve my overall cardio and endurance. I got my butt kicked last year packing my elk hindquarter. It won't happen again!
4. Strategies - My wife and I committed to running the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial Half Marathon on May 1st; therefore, I've started an intensive 10 week training program that consists of jogging 4 times per week. I'm hoping this will motivate me to continue to work out and prepare for another round with the either deer or elk this fall! I've also started watching the number of calories consumed a day and limited myself to one soft drink a day.