Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Weird I have a 2200 and never had a problem with the zippers. I packed out a small doe one time and packed the whole dam thing out using the bow straps to strap it in like a baby pack lol wish I had a picture of that one. It didnt work as great as I thought but it still worked lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This is like Ford, Chevy, and Dodge survey. I have both a Superday and a 2200 from Badlands. The 2200 had a zipper lock up on the right waist belt pocket while the Superday has been flawless. Badlands repaired rhe pocket zipper for free and that was 3 years ago. I begin season 4 with my packs and I happen to like Badlands very much.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 1 Post
    I just bought the superday pack and I am extremely excited to use it. I love that Badlands has the lifetime warranty. I also loved that the superday pack has a side holster on it, which is very nice to me because I will be elk hunting a lot by myself this year and I will be packing my .41 along with me and it is SO uncomfortable to put it on a belt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have an eberlestock J34, mini-me, and gunrunner and also had a X1E. I've used the J34 nearly empty and with over 80lbs and it is very comfortable either way. I love it for when I need the room but I like a narrower pack for carrying a rifle slung at times when I don't. The mini-me I want to sell because it's just a little to small for me. The Gunrunner is my current favorite for a daypack when I want the scabbard. It was noisy at first, but I added another compression strap to the top to quiet the scabbard down and it worked great. It rides narrow for when I carry my rifle slung, gets lots of air to my back, and is light weight. It's not as heavily padded or built as the others but it's only 3.5lbs and comfortable with 15lbs plus a rifle.

When I'm not going to be using the scabbard or carrying a spotting scope I love my Sitka Ascent 14. It rides great and is easy to pack a slung rifle and shoot with.

I've never tried a badlands pack, but the guy I hunt with in Wyoming uses them all the time. They ride really well but his zippers quit working about a foot from closing like others have said. His gear gets really dusty in the pack when heading to the hunting area on an ATV.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have 3 Badlands packs, a 2200, Superday and a Pursuit. I have never had a zipper problem wigth any of them and I think that Badlands packs are great!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Badlands makes great packs, eberlestock makes great packs, and there are a lot of other companies that make great packs. I like the superday, but not as much as some other packs. If I was going with Badlands, I would pick the 2200 or the Diablo. I think the Diablo gets overlooked - its super light, has the hypervent system (internal frame) - it gets it done.

I like the x2 as well because its small but can carry weight if needed.

The pack I use is the hornhunter mainbeam. Its a great pack - with the ability to carry heavy loads - and I really like the organization of it.
    WIN A FREE SHOULDER MOUNT! - Send in your photos!
    http://www.huntaddicts.com

Thanks
    Congratulations
    X2 is my current favorite day pack. I tried some of the Badlands at the store but decided on the X2. I carry a full size tri-pod and 85mm spotter and found the X2 was suited better for my needs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GrantMan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    For elk hunting I use the Sitka Ascent 1400. Very user friendly for the hunter on the move.

For whitetail hunting in the midwest I use Horn Hunter's Droptine Pack. Plenty of room for everything a person needs in the woods. Comparable to badlands over the shoulder day packs put a tad quiter IMO.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The X2 has been great, once I remedied the squeaking frame situation. I really like the outlay of the pack and the ability for it to pack quarters if need be.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiarcher View Post
    The X2 has been great, once I remedied the squeaking frame situation. I really like the outlay of the pack and the ability for it to pack quarters if need be.
    Agreed - I love my X2, especially after quieting the frame with some athletic tape.