Thanks

Muddy Mountain HMA

So I was looking at the game and fish website and looking over some of the HMA's and am interested in Muddy Mountain. THe one question I have is the map is not very clear and having a hard time trying to determine where to enter these areas. I do see some of the symbols for parking areas but cannot determine the road to get to them. Anyone have any info on how to access the different area's in Muddy?

Thanks
    magnum12, this HMA is so large and varied, you'd have to be more specific as far as what portion of the HMA (which ranch, the species/dates that you're looking at hunting, etc.) and you may get some better information. We've hunted the southern portion of the HMA for antelope and the access that we've used has been through public access roads (county roads or BLM) or through a couple of surrounding ranches where we've got permission. Most of the parking areas will be accessible from some sort of public access road. You might get the BLM land status maps from the Casper office, most of the newer maps specify county/BLM/USFS public roads.

Thanks
    I hunt the hell out of the muddy mountain hma every year and there arent really any designated parking areas on it you basicalyy treat it just as you would public land, just drive until you find a spot you wanna get out and walk and just pull over and get out. There are tons of blm roads in every portion of it.

Thanks
    ADavid,
    Is it a hard area to get out and get away from roads or are most of the blm roads closed? I was looking to hunt cow elk until I get enough points to pull a bull tag. Would you recommend bringing a quad as long as you don't go into the few properties that restrict them?

Thanks
    What cow tag do you have? and there are pretty much blm roads and two track roads running all over the place so it is a little difficult to get away from everyone but its a big area so if you try hard enough you can find a spot alone.

Thanks
    I did not get a tag this year but trying to finalize plans for next season since I will have to put in for the draw in January. Plus when our deer/duck season begins here I will be on the go all the time and will not be on the computer much. But the tag I will put in for my second choice and most likely will get with be a type 6 cow/calf.

Out of all the areas, are there some that are better then others? My plan for next season will be to hunt the area during the weekdays to miss most of the crowd. (PM me this answer if you would like.)