Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Spendin' more than I should on the latest gear, burnin' as much vacation as I can, pushin' the limit physically, losin' sleep until I'm out there, borin' people to death with stories of adventures, cherishin' every success, learnin' from every mishap,practice shootin' religiously, enjoyin' every bite of venison, pourin' over maps of hunting grounds, geekin' out over every detail kind of hunter!

Now that I quantified it, I thought I had a problem there for a minute!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anglinarcher View Post
    Spendin' more than I should on the latest gear, burnin' as much vacation as I can, pushin' the limit physically, losin' sleep until I'm out there, borin' people to death with stories of adventures, cherishin' every success, learnin' from every mishap,practice shootin' religiously, enjoyin' every bite of venison, pourin' over maps of hunting grounds, geekin' out over every detail kind of hunter!

Now that I quantified it, I thought I had a problem there for a minute!
    That sounds exactly like my husband!

Thanks
    Old, slow, has been. Planning is now more fun than hunting. I hate NordicTrack, Schwinn, and Trek. My cando can't keep up with my want to. I will soon be hunting squirrels and will have to drag them out.
    Can't wait until sept 19

Thanks
    The hunting instinct is one of the most basic instincts of mankind. I don't hunt just for the big trophy, the meat, to spend quality time with friends and family or to escape the daily grind although they are all great reasons or motivations to hunt. For me, I hunt because it is in my DNA or just the way I was made. I feel a special closeness to God when I take a walk in the great outdoors. His awesome creations all around me and the challenge of outwitting these awesome animals and having the privilege to hunt them.

I wish I were better gifted with more eloquent words to describe what kind of hunter I am and why or what makes me love hunting. I've heard a quote that states just bit for me why or what kind of hunter I am. "We do not go hunting to kill. We kill in order to have gone hunting."