Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

Backpacking tents and tripods

I am looking at getting a new tent my old one is about ten years old; but its only 3.6 lbs. It was fairly weather proof. I would like to stay at that wieght or less. Also I haven't found a light wieght tri pod for my swaroski 65mm spotting scope that works well. Lets hear what you guys are useing and how you like them.

Thanks
    I bought a vanguard Alta 225 CT. They are made from carbon fiber supper light and strong. They have many heads that will adapt a large assortment of cameras/ scopes. You can goggle them. If you need help get back to me.

Thanks
    Whenit comes to tents, look at the Akto by Hilleberg. It runs about $425.00. I have a friend that swears by this one man tent and I have read good reviews. However, I don't have first hand experience with this tent, it's out of my budget.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rpeebles View Post
    Whenit comes to tents, look at the Akto by Hilleberg. It runs about $425.00. I have a friend that swears by this one man tent and I have read good reviews. However, I don't have first hand experience with this tent, it's out of my budget.
    A buddy of mine runs the Hilleberg Akto and it seems like a sweet tent. I currently am using the Sierra Designs Clip Flashlight. Possibly in the market for something different this year.

Thanks
    Check out some of the 3 season and 4 season tents from Eureka. They work great and are economical and light weight. I use a one person for early season and 2 person for later when the weather gets nasty. All the gear can be in the tent with you. If price isn't too big a deal, Hilleberg tents are incredible although a little heavier.

Thanks
    Integral Designs http://www.integraldesigns.com/ has got some great ultra light gear. It can be a little pricey, not that much more than other high end gear, and the materials are amazing. I've had the bivy for a few years and it is amazing. I've rolled out of the sac in 5 inches of snow and 4 inches of standing water in a downpour and never been wet. They make some great 1-3 person tents and tarps as well.
    People in SUV's and suburbs will kill more game animals than a man with a bow, ever could.

Thanks
    When it comes to a tripod I've been using the Vortex High Country. It's lightweight (Only 2.10lbs) and is very versitale. It works very well with a 65mm Swarovski. The best part about it is that it's only $79.99.

Thanks
    On the tripod, if your not in a hurry, check with camofire.com. They've had some carbon tripods of late at a good deal. You just have to sign up for their texts/emails and be ready to buy. On tents, backcountrygear.com had the carbon msr's on sale recently.

Thanks
    Thanks for the help. Google was alot of help on all this.

Thanks
    I bought a bushnell tripod a few years ago, from Sportsman Warehouse. I think it's made by Slik. It's about 3.5 pounds and I can sit or stand. It was around $120. I've been really happy with it. Unfortunately, for good stability with high power optics, especially in wind, the tripod needs some weight.