Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpeebles View Post
    Whenit comes to tents, look at the Akto by Hilleberg. It runs about $425.00. I have a friend that swears by this one man tent and I have read good reviews. However, I don't have first hand experience with this tent, it's out of my budget.
    A buddy of mine runs the Hilleberg Akto and it seems like a sweet tent. I currently am using the Sierra Designs Clip Flashlight. Possibly in the market for something different this year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The Hilleberg Akto has served me well the past 5 yrs. I could use a tripod upgrade also. Some good tips on here, thanks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I have been pleased with my Cabelas XPG tent(two man) I have been in some pretty nasty weather in it and stayed dry. It has a nice rain fly that sits above the tent, vents well, and I like the big vestibule to put my boots and gear in out of the weather.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 3 Posts
    I own 5 different packing tents from various well known manufacturers......too many I know. The one I've used the last three seasons is the Big Agnes SL1. VERY lightweight, bombproof, and the most room (for a one man tent) I've found. No condensation, tub floor, and enough room to sit up in for me.
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Bohnter. I got the Sl2. Its realy light weihgt. Do you use a foot print it seems thin on the bottom? Also have you camped in a good rain with it?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I use a Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1. It is the lightest one man tent i could find. 1lb 14oz. It has not let me down in 3 years. Easy to setup, freestanding and easy to pack. I pack the poles seperate from the tent body which allows me to compress the tent more. As far as a tripod i'm looking for one this year too and interested in what everyone has to say.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 3 Posts
    Bohnter. I got the Sl2. Its realy light weihgt. Do you use a foot print it seems thin on the bottom? Also have you camped in a good rain with it?
    I don't use a footprint in the areas I backpack in.....it's generally above timberline with a fairly soft ground with vegetation. I've had my SL1 in some of the most torrential downpours, snow, etc......everything you could encounter while bowhunting velvet clad mule deer. It's never let me down or even thought about leaking.

The Fly Creek UL1 is also very light.......about 10 ounces less the SL1. The "packed" weight is what I usually carry in (tent, poles, guy lines, stakes). Both are very lightweight and quality products. My next favorite backpacking tent is made by Marmot......also bombproof, but about a 1.5 pounds heavier.
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have been using a telescopic walking stick with a lightweight Burris spotting scope. The walking stick has a threaded stud that the scope screws right onto. The adjustable height allows me to sit or stand with just a twist of the shaft. Weighs in at less than a pound too. I strike hunt, pack out three to four days at a time...for weight savings this really cuts down on the pounds and is handy to walk with as well.
    Fetch

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Does anyone use a OR Bivy?Any thoughts?
    I'm looking to up grade from the old tarp/sleepingbag "roll"as we called it thing to something more waterproof.
    Can you handle the challenge.... hunt hard but safe!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by mthuntress View Post
    Does anyone use a OR Bivy?Any thoughts?
    I'm looking to up grade from the old tarp/sleepingbag "roll"as we called it thing to something more waterproof.
    I got an OR bivy, builds up lots of condensation wide open or with a 6" vent. Was really important to dry my bag out during the day. So I had to hope for at least an hour or so of good weather.
    Nick