Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

New Eberlestock X2..Any reviews?

I'm getting ready to purchace a new pack. I'm really leaning towards the Eberlestock X2 with the butt bucket for packing my bow. Most of my archery trips are day trips and not uncommon for me to go 5-7 miles one way after a good bull or muley. How do any of you rate this pack, pros and cons...

Thanks Jason

The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I spent a few years with Badlands packs...that being said i will never buy another one. I had plenty of issues that i dont need to address, but I couldnt stand another full season with one. So last summer before heading into another full fall of guiding hunters everyday, i looked into a new pack. I settled on the X2 and have nothing but good remarks about it. It worked great as a day pack all season, and held up great to some heavy loads. Best of all, it held up to plenty of adverse conditions throughout the season. I like how Eberlestock designed the pack and the way they put it together. The Frame works great and by keeping the pack off your back provides good air flow when hiking. I always had problems with my 2800(badlands) and the way it carried loads. For having supposed 2800 cubic in" of space, it seemed they did a terrible job designing it. During late muley seasons in the Frank Church in Idaho, in which we would be covering long distances via optics to find big bucks, the Zeiss scope i carried had to take up the entire "main compartment" of the 2800 because that main compartment was only 900 in" of space. I really like how Eberlestock took the X2 and made the compartments excessive in size, but at the same time it wraps up into a great pack when loaded heavy or light. I put over 100 days into this pack by the end of fall, and it has barely shown the abuse it went through. Since winter has started I carry this pack when chasing hounds after cats, and in needs of a light pack when we are trying to keep up with dogs, it also does great and carries everything i need. I will find it hard to believe you wont find this pack able to hold up to anything and everything you put it through.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well Mntnguide, that is a heck of a good review. Thank-you. One other question I have; Has anyone used the butt bucket to strap their bow on? Does it hold the bow well and is ur bow easily accessible should that big critter show up out of nowhere?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I got the x2 last year as well. It's a pretty good pack. Not sure I can add much. Some negative the waste strap could us some work and the waste pockets are way to small, but I think they may have improved the strap a bit this year model. There is a pretty good YouTube review. I purchased the bucket to carry my bow which I didn't like. Like storage compartments for carrying tripod and spotting scope. The main compartment is huge, but I wish it has more sub compartments. but all in a pretty good pack.

I've been eyeing the Sitka flash 32.
    Last edited by Skybuster1329; 02-25-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Mntnguide, I've also been suffering with a 2800, and eyeing the X2. Do you think a Swarovski 80mm scope would fit the compartment? As you know, in the 2800, (with a tripod) there was barely room for a Granola bar in the main compartment. I was planning to drag the scope into the store to see first hand. Thanks.

The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think it will fit fine. I used a Zeiss with a 80mm and as im sure you have experienced, the 2800 made that quite the pain to deal with. By the time the scope and tripod were in that pack i was searching for places to stuff the pieces of my lunch. The X2 to me, carries everything better and uses the compartments more efficiently than that 2800. I have since started packing a Vortex Nomad scope which is great in weight and fits very well in the pack wherever i need it. You definitely have the right idea on taking the scope and tripod into the store to make sure it works for you.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I bought the X2 last year and love it! It's the previous model. The newer model has improvements to the hip belt/pockets and has an aluminum frame. Can't add much to the previous posts....it's a great day pack. In decent weather, you could do an overnighter with this pack. My Zeiss 65mm fits the side compartment with a lot of room to spare. I usually only use half of the main bag with essentialls and shed outerwear. 20 - 30 pounds is very comfortable. I haven't had more weight in it, but the reviews say it does very well. I haven't tried the butt bucket.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The x2 is a great pack you also might want to check out the new line of packs from Blacks Creek Guide Gear. Totally agree about comments on Badlands packs.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't have an X2, I have the Blue Widow. My buddy has the X2 and loves it.
    Has anyone with the X2 experienced it "Squeaking". My buddies pack squeaked something fierce, but it was a quick fix. He just took the frame out and taped the whole thing with athletic tape. Just wondering.
    Oh ya, we switched from Badlands 2200 to Eberlestock too.
    Country Boy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yes, the X2 will squeak but is an easy fix, you can unbuckle & remove the internal frame from its straps & tape the frame with hockey tape, the whole frame. Re-install & no squeaks. We did this to my Sons & mine, it took minutes! Id post a photo but don't use photobucket!

ElkNut1