Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any updates on use of this pack with the ButtBucket for holding a bow? Thanks!
    Elite Z28 70lb AP
    Rem 700 .338 WinMag

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Bought a 2012 X2. It carries the same weight as my Badlands 2200 but tighter and more comfortably. As far as scopes, my 80mm Swarovski will fit BARELY into the side hydration pocket if I take off the Swaovski cordura protective cover. Since I like the protective cover, and figure I'll rapidly get fed up with trying to wiggle the scope into such a tight fit in hunting conditions, I opted to put the scope in the batwing pocket and let the cordura cover protect it, which is its function anyway. Plus, rapid access to scope/tripod combo makes for faster set-up. The tripod is in the other batwing pocket. if you have a 65mm spotter or smaller, it would fit perfectly in the side hydration pocket.
    The squeaking has been fixed, it was a strap-routing issue, and the harness pocket is now ideal for what I use it for, which is to hold my iPhone and/or RINO GPS.
    Overall, highly recommend as an extended day pack for technical conditions.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Has anyone weighed their new X2 empty and if so, would you post what yours weighed.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm curious if anyone has used this pack with the rifle scabbard and how you liked it. Also include what weight rifle if you could. I have several eberlestocks with the built-in scabbard and wondered how comfortable this one was packing it off-center and further from your back.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ElkNut1 View Post
    Yes, the X2 will squeak but is an easy fix, you can unbuckle & remove the internal frame from its straps & tape the frame with hockey tape, the whole frame. Re-install & no squeaks. We did this to my Sons & mine, it took minutes! Id post a photo but don't use photobucket!

ElkNut1
    same here-great pack-even better after taping it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by mcseal2 View Post
    I'm curious if anyone has used this pack with the rifle scabbard and how you liked it. Also include what weight rifle if you could. I have several eberlestocks with the built-in scabbard and wondered how comfortable this one was packing it off-center and further from your back.
    I use the scabbard. I balanced mine out by storing my water bladder in the opposit side pocket. This was with the scabbard inside the right 'wing' of the pack. Worked well this way, and didn't steal any pack space.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to revcwood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Love the x2 with the bow bucket, but hated the scabbard on it, flopped around to much. Ended up taking the scabbard and using another pack I had and cutting a hole in the top and bottom and making my own gunrunner type day pack(which my wife has since claimed as her own )

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I also bought the 2012 x2. To me will be a great day pack with <30lbs of gear. However it does not fit me perfect. The pack is small but will hold almost whatever you can fit on it or in it. I am 5'10" with 20 1/2 in torso and the lifters are useless. they do pull load closer to you. Would probably be ok for first trip out but thats about it. I have badlands 2200 that i have use in past and it fits perfectly however just to same. As a reference I can pack everything in the X2 that the BL 2200 had in it stuffed and still have room left over. If you 3 inches longer.