Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Actually, I did buy the Federals - so we'll see how that works out.

Why is the B&C your least favorite, out of interest? Thanks for the links - spending some time researching tonight now I've seen some in the flesh, so to speak, so appreciate the links.

Will certainly post up some pics once I've completely dressed it. Thoughts on to muzzle break it or not?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Leveller View Post
    Actually, I did buy the Federals - so we'll see how that works out.

Why is the B&C your least favorite, out of interest? Thanks for the links - spending some time researching tonight now I've seen some in the flesh, so to speak, so appreciate the links.

Will certainly post up some pics once I've completely dressed it. Thoughts on to muzzle break it or not?
    The Boone and Crockett has increasingsly thick windage bars, which obstruct your target if you are using them. The magnification ring has a couple of marks that you are supposed to use with certain groups of ammo. I prefer to be much more precise. Reticle subtended in mils or moa can be matched to precise yardages with your load. The Zeiss Rapid Z uses a specific magnification setting to closely match your drops.

Muzzle breaks are effective at cutting recoil, which is nice at the range (but not nice to the people shooting next to you). If you get one, get one that can be removed for hunting use. I use a lead sled for sitting at the bench for load development and zeroing, which is even more effective at curbing recoil. I prefer unbraked rifles in the field.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yes I saw the two triangular markings and accompanying documentation to help you configure it all initially. It's meant to be simple and highly accurate once you get it all set up, so I am told. The Zeiss pushes the price up a little more. Obviously the more you invest the better the quality of optic - feeling gluttonous with up to $600

To be honest, the RUM recoil feels no more than my 30.06. Maybe even a little less. Recoil has never been an issue for me, and even less so when the target is alive

Appreciate your advice - off to read more