Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

100 gr muzzy 4 blade

Any problems getting these to group out to 50? How do they perform on elk? Any help or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks folks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I tried muzzy mx4's out of my last 3 bows. DXT, E-Z7 and the Invasion. couldn't tune with any of them. In my opinion montecs shoot better groups, shoot more like field points, and are also more durable.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have shot them and reviewed them. I didn't like their flight past 30-35 yards.
    Sole Adventure | An outdoor journal of bowhunting, hiking, photography, and everything else.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Send me a PM and I'll show you a mule deer heart shot at 50 yards with Muzzy. I have had great success with their 4 blade 100 grains and shoot softball size groups out to 60.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've had good success with the muzzy 4-blades, and great groups out past 60 yards. More than half a dozen elk have fallen to that broadhead for me, and I have no complaints. I also succumbed to the marketing hype and use the Montecs. They both work equally well for me, and I can't find fault with either.
    llp

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Awesome looking broadhead but did not group well for me beyond 40 yrds, switched back to the good ole 100 gr 3 blade with good groups out to 70 yrds. One thing about the muzzy MX series broadhead is that it is shorter in length than what i call the original muzzy. The shorter broadhead, even though of the same weight will change your FOC ballance. I think this was my problem with the 100 gr MX-4's and i didn't want to shorten my arrows anymore.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've shot the mx-4s for five years and have had nothing but good experiences. I've tried others like the stingers and keep going back especially for the larger cutting diameter. They really leave a hole. I've shot 4 bulls in those five years and they perform great. May have even used the same broadhead for two different elk and only had to replace blades. I have not had any blades brake and have penatrated ribs and a front shoulder. I feel they are definitely tricky to tune and if your bow isn't tuned perfectly your grouping won't be the best. They are also much more durable then the original muzzys. Just found a deal and bought 6 for $25. Will be using them for a long time to come.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Have a love/hate relationship with the MX-4s. Have shot 4 bulls in 5 years with them, they leave a heck of a hole and are very durable. I have had no problems with grouping even with fieldpoints but your bow needs to be tuned well. I've tried others but keep going back.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 1 Post

Small holes!

I shot the 100 grain 4 blade for years and had not issues with accuraccy but never shot anything past forty either! However, my issue was/is the small cutting diameter the heads have. With today's superb expandables there are definitely other options for the bowhunter. I like the Montec CS but LOVE the Muzzy Phantom, cutts like a lazer, flies great, and is wicked tough!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwalczak View Post
    I tried muzzy mx4's out of my last 3 bows. DXT, E-Z7 and the Invasion. couldn't tune with any of them. In my opinion montecs shoot better groups, shoot more like field points, and are also more durable.
    I totally agree. Couldn't tune them worth crap. Practice blades fly nothing like actual blades, and they seam to be very loud in flight. I can hear them whistle all the way. I trying some MX3's now. Hopefully a lot better. Price is better than Montecs though. Just bought a pack off ebay for 19.50. Montecs try 34-40 bucks.