Thanks

Big Velvet Bucks

I Recently went on a high mountain muley hunt with my bow. I went in on my horses and packed in a light camp. Between 3 of us glassing for 3 days with our binos and our spotting scopes we only saw one deer. Fortunatly it was a very nice 4 point feeding in a high mountain basin. He was feeding on a patch of grass that was right next to the tree line. I hoped to put him to bed but it didnt take long for him to find his was back to the thick timber. My question is this. If I had stayed around what is the likelyhood that the buck would feed in the same spot the next morning? Could I have set up and waited for him to show up and hope for a shot? What are some other stratagies of finding big bucks.

Thanks

Move on.

I give a basin 1.5 days tops of glassing and then move to another one. In my opinion if you do not see deer within two morning and an evening glassing session you should probably move to the next basin. Plus you had three guys so find a place to glass where you can use three guys to your advantage and glass numerous basins at once. As far as the buck coming out in the same spot, that is hard to say. As long as a buck does not get pushed out he will hang out in the same area/ basin. That does not mean he will use the same meadow to feed every morning.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Well Jeff at least we had a fun backcountry camping trip. That's what I call it when you aren't seeing game while hunting it just turns into camping.