Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nebraska Antelope

Just moved to Nebraska and figured out I can hunt Antelope, which I am very excited to do!!! I have a few questions for those who have hunted in Nebraska for antelope and wondered where they went, how they hunted, and do they have any suggestions.

I am looking to start hunting them next year as this year is too busy just after the move. I am looking to try and get a muzzleloader tag to start with then work my way to archery. I figured the first year I will try muzzleloader cause I can extend my range to 250 yards or so which will give me a better chance of harvesting one. Along with learning the terrain and pattern of the antelope.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to learning a lot on this site. I am a new member and hope to learn all there is to learn about hunting the Eastman's way.

Long Range Hunter

Thanks
    Congratulations
    First of all, I know nothing about Nebraska antelope.

My only advice for you is to change your name before you get banned.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Unless you are a land owner you will probably have to send in for two years to get preference points, sometimes you will draw with just one point but usually takes two, and you should draw on the 3rd year, same with rifle. You can buy archery tags over the counter or off the internet from the game and parks and can hunt with a bow every year. You can hunt statewide with a bow tag also.
    I guess some advice would be to have a good pair of binos and a good spotting scope, and lots of patience. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes not so much. Muzzleloader is good time to go because it's the middle of sep. so they are usually rutting pretty hard then. Tags aren't that much so I guess if you are waiting on your muzzleloader tag, you could get a bow tag and go find some ground and stomp around next couple years getting a feel for the country and how the goats act.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Zero public land but nearly all land owners in the panhandle despise antelope. If you're personable, then find antelope and figure out who owns the land from the county.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks guys for the replies, still learning Nebraska's seasons and laws so your informations helps a lot.

Long Range Hunter

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkoholic307 View Post
    First of all, I know nothing about Nebraska antelope.

My only advice for you is to change your name before you get banned.
    Elkoholic, whats wrong with my screen name? I guess I don't feel it is offencive and it doesn't mean I shoot a long ways it means I have to travel a long ways to hunt. Either way never had this comment before on any of the forumns I am apart of and it really bothers me that I was talked to by a member on this forumn the way you did in two sentences. If I get banned from this site because of a screen name like the one I have I really hope that it isn't the Eastman's Way of doing things. I really enjoy their tv shows and learn a lot from them and if this is their way of treating people I have lost all respect for them.

I am hoping to learn a lot on this forumn and so far my first impressions of members on here isn't a good one.

Long Range Hunter

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Elkoholic307, Well I know were from the same "basin", but my god did you have to come in on this guy like this?! thats what pisses me off about forums. I highly doubt the Eastmans boys are gonna banned mr.LRH. Get off your high horse! if your gonna be an ass go do it somewhere else...this is not the place.
    Sorry if i jumped down your throat for the wrong reason but, i just relized one of your intrests are Long Range Hunting? Maybe i took your comment out of text and sorry if i did. (EDIT)
    ty
    Last edited by wyo9; 09-06-2011 at 10:56 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wyo9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Range Hunter View Post
    If I get banned from this site because of a screen name like the one I have I really hope that it isn't the Eastman's Way of doing things. I really enjoy their tv shows and learn a lot from them and if this is their way of treating people I have lost all respect for them.
    It is their way of doing things. My buddy posted a pic and story of his 1,000 yard antelope kill and was attacked and banned. Pretty crappy. I just wanted to give you a heads up that long range hunting is not welcome here.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo9 View Post
    Maybe i took your comment out of text and sorry if i did.
    Bingo. Apology accepted.

My first post was a joke. I'm all about LRH, but nobody else on this forum is.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkoholic307 View Post
    Bingo. Apology accepted.

My first post was a joke. I'm all about LRH, but nobody else on this forum is.
    I ended up changing my profile name anyways to keep from having any problems. So my new screen name is Nebraska Outlander (aka Long Range Hunter) either way I would like to apologize for over reacting also. I have been on other sites where people are looked down on for long range shooting. I understand their are people who have know idea on how to shoot long ranges along with their are people who understand how to shoot longer ranges.

I would like to state that a responsible hunter takes the time to understand their prey and understand their equipment making them a responsible hunter. I would like to state that I feel I am a responsible hunter and that unless I completely know my equipment and its full potential I will not take any unethical shot. This is why I read a lot and ask questions a lot on many different forums a long with spending a lot of time in the field and at the range.

Either way I do look forward to learning a lot and maybe helping anyone along the way.

Look forward to chatting with all of you.

Nebraska Outlander