Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spotting Scope

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 1 Post
    I went and looked at some spotting scopes today including the RedField Rampage and after all my looking and talking to the sales persons I decided to stick with the NIKON PROSTAFF 16-48x65. I felt it was the brightest, felt like it would be the easiest to pack in, and felt like it was better quality than the others I looked at in that price range. After talking to the sales persons I realized that I needed something that would gather enough like early in the mornings and late in the evening therefore making my decision final on the Nikon. The others were great scopes just this one meets my needs. Now all I have to do is convince my wife that it is a necessity to buy this scope and it will provide for us!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nebraska,
    I own the Nikon ED 50, it weighs just 18 oz. Fits in a pack along with the tripod just fine. All together it weighs just under 3 pounds. I wouldn't head into the back country without it. Price was $800. I wanted to make a one time investment, not the cheapest nor the most expensive. It's great in low light situations. There's a lot out there, buy the best glass you can afford. I can say that I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nebraska Outlander, I bought the Nikon Prostaff about a month ago and will get a chance to use it for the first time the next few days on my anual Wyoming doe antelope hunt. We leave Wed. afternoon and will be back sunday. I will let you know how it does. Also, shop around, I bought mine from Cabelas for $299. I have also seen it on Camofire for the same price if I remember right.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    N. O. Hey made it back from WY and had another great trip. Filled the freezer, and got to try out the spotting scope. For the $ I don't think you could go wrong with the Nikon. I know there are high $ scopes that will out perform it but in this price range I'm happy with it. Mid-day you will see some heat waves as with most scopes, but it's pretty clear and gathers the light well in the morning and late in the day. My only small complaint was the zoom-power adjustement, kinda hard to find while looking through the scope to make adjustment, but after a couple days I got used to it. Overall very pleased!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 1 Post
    Thanks for the updates!!! I have been really excited to get this scope and can't wait till after the christmas season to start saving for it. Wish I would have thought of this earlier.

Nebraska Outlander

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good luck!