Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bugler you are right the bully bull grunt tube and the brown raging bull reed are deadly have real good luck getting roosevelt bulls on the Oregon Coast fired up with that combo.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Morrison4375 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have one of their mountain monarch bugles, and just picked up the new select a bull call. The only bad thing about them is if you are in heavily hunted areas, you are going to get sick of calling in people, they can't tell the difference. Sold a lot of calls when people ask me what I am using and I tell them they want one. Mellow yellow and the external reed cow call will bring em in also great calls
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Monarch bugle and the yellow reed are the ones I use and have had success.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I haven't tried that one but as soon as the mail gets it here I will let you know what I think.
    People in SUV's and suburbs will kill more game animals than a man with a bow, ever could.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison4375 View Post
    Anyone tried the new all star reed that corey jacobson designed ?
    I just returned from Reno Nv. after competing in the Elk calling contest with good friends and many excellent callers. The ELK101 ALL STAR was the diaphragm that won two #1 titles this year at the RMEF World Elk Calling Championships in Reno. Corey Jacobsen took first in the Pros, and I was fortunate enough to take first place in the Mens division. Corey's sister Misty jacobsen took first in the womens also. Bugling Bull's calls took first place in every division except for Voice calling!
    Dirk Durham
    Elk 101 Prostaff
    www.elk101.com

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have been playing with the new allstar from elk101and they are simple to use and sound great.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Are most of those single reed calls? I've used the triple reed carlton call with good results. I watched some of those RMEF videos on YouTube. Those folks know what they're doing, and if those are single reeds, then that is truly impressive. Has anyone ever actually used a lip-ball in the field with success?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Most of Bugling Bull's reeds are single latex, with the exception of a couple. The reeds used by the winners in the contest were singles. Ive used the "lip bawl" during hunts where I'm trying to match bugles with a large dominant herd bull. Ive experienced by calling this way, the herd bull's ego gets the best of him and he has something to prove against his new opponent. Seems to intimidate less dominant bulls. Just my theory............
    Dirk Durham
    Elk 101 Prostaff
    www.elk101.com

Thanks
    Congratulations
    307, yes single reeds can belt out some excellent sounds, a lot depends on the "stretch of the latex as that's where you can get your aggressive sounds or extremely soft sounds. Some latex's as the All Star single reed have a stretch of aprox .80 the Raging Bull single .92 the Scream N Tormentor .105 these are aprox. The larger the number the tighter the latex. Each manufacturer will dictate their desired stretch so you can see not all single reeds are created equal! The same applies for doubles & triples, each company can have different tensions on their latex where it makes them different from other companies with like layering!

Yes, lip bawls when used correctly can be a great tool. The same as a cow sound or classic location bugle. Short screams with a short lip bawl are for keeping cows together or gathering them together or pulling a stubborn one to a bull calling her to him. Powerful screams with a much growlier & deeper lip bawl & longer in tone are for pure challenges & intimidation's towards another bull. The shorter version is generally used by a bull 2-3 times inside a minute when urgently trying to maintain control or calling his herd together for possible escape or if feel threatened by another bull or predator. It's called a "round-up bugle" Hope it helps!

ElkNut1

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You can check out the bugling action at the contest. http://elk101.com/features/2011-rmef...championships/
    Dirk Durham
    Elk 101 Prostaff
    www.elk101.com