Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Texas Hog/Goat/Exotic Hunting Questions

I was over at a friends house the other night and the thought of going to Texas this winter to do some exotic hunting got brought up. Mainly to take a break from the freezing February temps here in Montana but to also get a chance to harvest a couple of animals we dont see everyday here in Montana. Has anyone went to Texas for a exotic hunt before? I know full well these animals are not free range and all that, I just wanna have a good time with some friends and family for a week. Any recommendations for some ranches would be great if anyone has some.
    Highcalibergear.com

We can help you cut your pack weight to get you farther back! Be sure to like us on Facebook to get website updates.

ultralighthunting.com

Blog that specializes in the ultralight hunter. Find gear reviews, hunting trip reports and tips on how to cut weight off of your pack.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    I don't have an interest in high fence shooting, but I have often considered an off-season hog hunt in California. I had a couple buddies do it on public land, and they brought home the bacon allright! I think they got a book of six tags or something like that. They did it on the cheap, too. That was about ten years ago now. I haven't looked into it recently.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    that's honestly what we want to do. A fun hunt that gets us out of Montana for a week to somewhere warm and where we can shoot something. I never thought of California for a hog hunt though. Ive had quite a few friends do that. Good idea!
    Highcalibergear.com

We can help you cut your pack weight to get you farther back! Be sure to like us on Facebook to get website updates.

ultralighthunting.com

Blog that specializes in the ultralight hunter. Find gear reviews, hunting trip reports and tips on how to cut weight off of your pack.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    I don't have an interest in high fence shooting, but I have often considered an off-season hog hunt in California. I had a couple buddies do it on public land, and they brought home the bacon allright! I think they got a book of six tags or something like that. They did it on the cheap, too. That was about ten years ago now. I haven't looked into it recently.
    Yes, the good old days. CA DFG has now raised the price to ONE pig tag at around $20! Public land hunting is harder than ever, but still can be done if you put a LOT of time in.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We did a Texas pig/exoctics hunt last Febuary. It was a blast but I'm not going to recommend the place we went since we didnt get along at all with the owner. Its a different expirence and glad I went but I cant say I would ever pay money to do it again.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Shane thanks for the info. That was what I wanted to hear. I think I am going to save my money and put in for a antelope rifle tag in wyoming instead.
    Highcalibergear.com

ultralighthunting.com

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I spent a season guiding in south texas. It is a completely different style of hunting. Definately not the challenge of a highcountry hunt, but it is a great way to spend time with friends and see a different part of the country. Before I worked there I hunted hogs and predators a few times (I coulndn't afford exotics) and we always had a blast. Here's the website http://www.huntinfo.com/hog-hunting-texas/ I'll be happy to answer any questions and make some reccomendations.