Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Velcro vs Buckle

In the market for a new release. What kind of release strap do you guys use, velcro or buckle? And why?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I use a buckle. I like it because it's what I have but I don't have a hard set reason behind it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I use velcro.. I like being able to just throw it on real quick and not have to worry about trying to get the buckle all situated right.. I'm right handed and am horrible at trying to buckle things like that with my left hand..

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've had a scott for 3 years and the the velcro is just getting to the point to where it won't stick anymore(not putting down Scott. I love the release.) I chose velcro because you can adjust it exactly where you want it. However, my next one will be a buckle because I wan't it to be in the exact same spot every time. Sometimes I make my velco too tight or too loose. It's just a pain. That's my two cents...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Go buckle for sure. They are much quieter and you can put the release on to the same tension everytime, you can use the same adjustment hole each time making it very consistent. Velcro just cant do that
    Highcalibergear.com

We can help you cut your pack weight to get you farther back! Be sure to like us on Facebook to get website updates.

ultralighthunting.com

Blog that specializes in the ultralight hunter. Find gear reviews, hunting trip reports and tips on how to cut weight off of your pack.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree with MT bacountryhunter. Also I was on a pig hunt in CA a couple of years ago. I was with my guide tracking a wounded hog I had shot. When we found it the pig was still alive. When I drew back at 8yds the worn velcro on my release came loose and pulled the release off my hand and sent the arrow over the (already very unhappy) pigs back. It made for an intresting couple minutes.Lol When I got home I ordered a new buckle release. Good luck!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I shoot a buckle for the reasons stated above, consistency. It does take some getting used to hooking it up in my opinion.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'd go buckle for sure. Again for consistency of draw and anchor point. I have not noticed them being difficult to put on at all..

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I love my buckle primarily for its quietness. Hunting from treestands in the midwest for whitetails may be a bit of a different story, but I've noticed velcro (on anything) just seems super loud when I'm in the woods. I apply this logic to things like cuff adjustments, pocket closures, and glomitts as well. The buckle release just does not make noise.

I have not had any problems getting it on either.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a tendency to overtighten a velcro strap when putting it on, then i'll open it up, then it feels too loose. I like the consistency of the buckle. If you do use velcro, mark it somehow so you consistently put the strap on in the same place every time and then I think you will be ok.