Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 2 Posts
    What would be unethical about it? The guy made a less than perfect shot, knew he wasn't going to recover his buck that night, came back in the next morning and found him.. I'd say that's about as ethical as ethical gets?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    What would be unethical about it? The guy made a less than perfect shot, knew he wasn't going to recover his buck that night, came back in the next morning and found him.. I'd say that's about as ethical as ethical gets?
    I'll second that!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'll 3rd that, the man made the right call. That's a nice buck you should be proud of, and I'm sure the meat was just fine.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Im sure the meat is fine, I butchered the deer myself and the meats in the freezer. I'm not sure what I did that is considered unethical, but sure seems good to me. Ive got a tagged deer head at the taxidermist and several pounds of meat in the freezer????????

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakhunter View Post
    Im sure the meat is fine, I butchered the deer myself and the meats in the freezer. I'm not sure what I did that is considered unethical, but sure seems good to me. Ive got a tagged deer head at the taxidermist and several pounds of meat in the freezer????????
    Good job then! That is the desired result so you did very well.

I sure wouldn't loose any sleep over the occasional odd remark on a message board.....it goes with the territory unfortunately.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakhunter View Post
    I think what elkoholic was trying to say is he is surprised that giving the attitudes of people around here they would say you are unethical in harvesting a deer with a bow(less chance of a clean kill).I am not saying that neither is he. Some peoples thoughts on here the only ethical way of hunting is pulling a trigger and the animal flops over right there . (thats what we should all strive for and has been ingrained in all of our minds but sometimes that is just not the case. . It has been brought up in the past about long range hunting being unethical due to more chance wounding an animal to people on this site and resulted in a lot of people getting bent out of shape. he was just saying how people love to argue over stupid stuff on here when we should be more worried about our hunting heritage and right to bear arms, we have to fight each other on different ways of hunting rather than staying strong together and not weaken our union as hunting brothers and sisters. If we seperate then we are more vulnerable to anti hunting groups. I don't want this to start anything but it has raised a few people's interests.

Again very nice harvest. I'm jealous and I nor elkoholic or anybody else for that matter think you did anything unethical. He was just pointing out he is surprised someone didnt talk crap and try to get everybody yelling at each other behind a keyboard.

Sorry you have thought this was an attack against you if you did. I know elkoholic did not mean that at all.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Drhorsepower For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Glad you found him. That is a nice buck!
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good job killing and finding a very nice buck. I guess those cold beers sharpened your vision so you could find him the next day. Few hunters have not lived this situation, and the (seems like) 48 hours until dawn.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Holy crap!!!!!!HAHAHA!!!!! I've went over my entire story and wondered what it was I could have done or said that was unethical. If I had known that the "unethical" thing was shooting the deer with a bow from 21 yards I would have been laughing my but off!!!! If someone thinks that shooting this whitetail was unethical you should have been there a few weeks ago when I killed an elk in Idaho with a bow from 45.5 yards........he didn't go 2 feet. But I also had a 50 yard pin and had shot 30 arrows at 50yds every night for a quite some time before attempting that shot. No hard feelings toward you Drhorsepower or elkoholic, actually, thanks for the explanation. To those that may argue shooting an animal with a bow is unethical, you should see the guys that grab the open sighted 870 slug gun out of the closet untouched from the year before and go blaze at deer for a week on deer drives. And thats probabally a larger percentage of deer hunters than you would think. Boy I feel better now....but I always do after a good laugh! I will let this die now because I agree with you that us as hunters are a lot stronger group when we are fighting the anti- hunters and not each other. Thanks for clearing this up and thanks to everyone that posted congrats on this whitetail. We are all lucky that we can hunt the animals we do and choose what weapon we want to hunt it with....heck we're lucky we can own the weapons at all.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Too bad you weren't on this forum earlier. Then you would know what I was talking about.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13