ID:	2116Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeff and trents elk 2006 063.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	2117Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0022_0020.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	2115My buddy and I were on his elk hunt. He killed a 350 bull. When we go to him we saw how bad of shape he was in. We decided that he was in a bad fight with another bull or Mt lion. He had multiple puncture wounds in his chest and front legs. He was very sick. When we quartered him it was pretty gross. But we felt we had to take everything and pack him out. We had to make the decision to call Fish n Game and tell them what happen and try to get maybe a cow tag since the meat was greenish and was just sickening and risk them taking the head, horns, and meat and give him a new tag. We decided not to call if fear of them taking the whole thing. You can see in the pics he was skin and bones. We couldnt tell he was sick from were we saw him. We waitede for 2hrs for him to stand up out of his bed before my buddy shot him. I guess the bright side is he didnt have to suffer anymore.
    We didn't find any broad heads but we though he may have been shot with a rifle. There was a big scab on his right shoulder but we couldn't tell for sure.
    Last edited by Ikeepitcold; 12-04-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Last year I saw a 3 legged mule deer in ID. He was a young deer and still alive so I couldn't tell if it was shot off or something tried to eat it off.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My buddy shot an elk with about eight inches of another elks antler shoved through its skull behind its eye into the roof of its mouth. It is believed to have been there from the previous year, makes for a very cool euro mount. Ill try to get a picture next time I visit.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by purebowhunting View Post
    My buddy shot an elk with about eight inches of another elks antler shoved through its skull behind its eye into the roof of its mouth. It is believed to have been there from the previous year, makes for a very cool euro mount. Ill try to get a picture next time I visit.
    Wow that is really cool. I would like to see a pic if you can get one.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My dad killed a bull in '91, I remember the year, because it was the year before I could hunt....Anywho...this bull, that my dad shot with his bow...had been shot thru the lungs with what looked to be around a .243-6mm bull...both lung were fused together and fused to the ribcage too...the bull still in the hyde on the off side...my mom still had it somewhere...
    I killed a bear 5 years ago that had a broadhead and part of a carbon shaft in between the shoulder blade and rib cage...bear was fine...still have that broadhead!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by brandenbowhunter View Post
    My dad killed a bull in '91, I remember the year, because it was the year before I could hunt....Anywho...this bull, that my dad shot with his bow...had been shot thru the lungs with what looked to be around a .243-6mm bull...both lung were fused together and fused to the ribcage too...the bull still in the hyde on the off side...my mom still had it somewhere...
    I killed a bear 5 years ago that had a broadhead and part of a carbon shaft in between the shoulder blade and rib cage...bear was fine...still have that broadhead!
    Really makes you think that some of those bad shots and never being able to recover the animal that they may have made it to live another day and didn't run off and die somewhere to be a waste.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was helping skin this guy's deer in Utah about 6 yrs. ago and found a broadhead and part of shaft in it's skull.
    It had gone into it's skull behind the eye and was poking out the roof of it's mouth. He shot it during rifle season so I fugured it had to be in there for at least a month. It was in a downward angle so maybe from a treestand. It was a small 3x3. Man, reading your stories...Animals can take and live with pain better than humans. Can you imagine any of these inguries to a human and doing nothing for it ?

Thanks
    Congratulations

Below are a few pictures of my buddies elk with the antler tip throgh it's skull. This was shot in Idaho and the injury was from the previous year.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Elk 1.jpg   Elk 2.jpg   Elk 3.jpg   Elk 4.jpg   Elk 5.jpg  

Thanks
    Congratulations
    http://photobucket.com/wbiggame

I tried to post these pictures earlier in the week and it said I needed a moderators approval, probably don't have enough posts or been a member long enough to post pics which is understandable. Hope this works, it's pictures of my buddies elk with about an 8" antler through the skull behind the eye to the roof of it's mouth. This was from the previous year. Also is his mule deer, the side that is no deformed scored approx 110".

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wow that is insane! Great pics!