Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Plans

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

2012 Plans

I am starting to think about my plans for the 2012 season. I know most of us are not done yet but i have a few weeks before the late season here in Oregon to think about what my plans are.

Idaho - Still gonna try for unit 18 rifle deer and elk. May not be the best unit but want to hunt where my dad did back in the day at least once.

Nevada - Starting with area 231 and gonna go from there.

Wyoming - Friends have a mule deer and antelope hunt in the works but we will see where that goes.

Oregon - Normal hunt that i wont draw but being a resident general bow seems to work for me.

If anyone has some ideas on ID, NV, WY, let me know i will trade for anyone wanting to chase some rosies and blacktails in the Cascades.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 2 Posts
    How many points do you have in Nevada?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Might as well start thinking about 2012s hunt, as 2011 didnt go so well!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 75 Times in 9 Posts
    Im going to try for Pronghorn in Wy again now I have max points. Im gonna wait on deer and Elk to see how this years hunting goes with such a harsh winter.

Im burned out of Id. Ive hunted ther for 6 years and seems the game population is getting smaller each year. The country is amazing to me and should be packed full of Deer and Elk but not in the 2 places Ive hunted in. Maybe its time to try somewere else.

Nv was good to me this year with a nice buck. I can start to build points for Pronghorn now that my 5 year waiting period is over. I will be trying for everything but Elk I have a few years to wait before drawing that one again.

Im hunting Ca now but so far nothing. But I need to give it some time. New area and never hunted bears so I have a bit of a learning curve and havent been able to scout for deer like I have wanted to but I will probly hunt in Ca next year.

I could go on and on but it all really comes down to work and how much I have to spend on hunts and time off.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Next year Dad, my buddy and I are gonna try and burn our 7pts for colorado deer. (If anyone has any suggestions let me know) I will also put in for everything in NV. I will put in for the deer and elk draw in Idaho. I might put in for deer in MT, not sure on that. And I also might put in for elk in WY. (Have max pts for elk) I will also put in for deer and elk in UT. And I will buy points in OR and AZ. I should end up with atleast two hunts. 1. Colorado deer. 2. And atleast an Idaho general deer tag. I always look forward to applying. Application season is one of my most favorite seasons.
    Last edited by Shooter; 10-30-2011 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Wyoming for deer/antelope...max points for each. Used all my pts for elk this year.

Colorado for elk. more pts for deer/antelope.

2013 elk in NM. Probably go to Argentina for some bird shooting too.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Wyoming for deer/antelope...max points for each. Used all my pts for elk this year.

Colorado for elk. more pts for deer/antelope.

2013 elk in NM. Probably go to Argwntina for some bird shooting too.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Still just points collecting on antelope in OR for 2012. If we pull elk tags for E.Murderer's then awesome, otherwise back over to the Eagle Caps to bag a big muley!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 20 Times in 3 Posts
    Burned my deer and antelope tags in WY this year. Will try to draw WY antelope without points and hope to get lucky. May apply for a WY general deer unit if the winter isn't too hard on them. I will apply for all the WA special tags but I don't have much faith in drawing any of these tags. Probably have a better chance at hitting Loto. I'ts been 5 years since I drew a late buck and branched antler elk tags.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have max points for elk in Wyoming, would really like to harvest a 320 bull, plus I have 11 points for bighorn sheep and moose. May just put in for points again. I also have about 10 points for deer, antelope and elk in Colorado. And I have 9 points in Arizona for elk, antelope, deer. I have 7 points in Nevada for all the animals. And Montana have 6 bonus points for sheep, goats and moose. I have 8 points for deer in Utah and 7 points for elk in Utah.

I don't have plans for 2012 yet. I do want to make good use of the points I collected though!