Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I shot my first Whitetail last Thursday. It was a small doe, and I don't know that I have ever had a better tasting deer. I have already eaten all the backstraps and tenderloins! I am buying more doe tags to fill next week.
    Hunt hard, and trust your instincts

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just got back from a week off hunting around home. What a great week. I saw 4 different shooters. Saw a shooter every day but 1. Including 1 at 50 yards and 1 at 30 yards the first night about 10 minutes apart that came from different directions. I needed either one of them to take about 5 more steps to clear obstructions and either of them would have been smoked. But no such luck. I guess that's why they got big. I've never had 2 shooters that close in the same night. Not sure I've ever even seen 2 shooters in the same day before. We get a lot of pressure. Exciting week but frustrating to be so close and not be able to seal the deal. Last couple days they were with does and couldn't pull them away for anything.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I hunted all yesterday morning and had 3 small bucks I could have jumped on from my stand, and I saw a bobcat! No shooters though. Last night my dad shot about a 140 7pt - right brow tine broken off! His neck was as swollen as they get. The rut is on here in SW MO.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just got done with our 9 day rifle season in Minnesota. Very disappointing, only seeing 1 nice shooter buck in 8 days of hunting. Plenty of does and small bucks to be had, big boys never made an appearance. Got them on trail cam, so I know they are there. Time to chase some roosters and then on to the late muzzleloader season. Good luck all!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I seemed to have totally lost the wind beneath my wings. I'm not even gonna go out and hunt for me. My son turned 12 recently so I am going to let him miss school on Weds. and were going to go out and try and find him a decent buck. He is really excited.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I missed my opportunity at the buck I was after last weekend. I rattled him in and everything was going to script. He was coming right where I wanted him to go and then he felt that something was wrong. Not sure how he did it, but he was within 1 or 2 steps from getting an arrow. He was upwind of me and was walking from an area that I have not set foot on yet this year, so he didn't smell my trail coming to the stand. I guess that's how deer get big! Hopefully I can still catch up with him yet this year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Man I would love to chase whitetails with my setup. vvvv
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Moved to Colorado last year finally. Missed qualifying for residency and didn't even consider a NR hunt due to costs. Well, after some research, we decided this year we would hunt Nebraska for whitetails (after archery elk in CO). It was a great time. We took 5 deer between the two of us and my wife got her very first, a 10 point buck. I'd be jealous if I wasn't so proud of her, and she finally has the hunting bug, something that didn't bite her when we lived in NY.
    DIY til I DIE

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well I picked the right spot but it didn't work out exactly as planned with the bow 2 days before gun season. Got out kind of late, had to crawl into a spot with some cover as I was almost out and doe popped out of the corn so I set up on the ground next to a tree so as not to spook her. 2 minutes later she starts heading towards me when all of a sudden a little doe and a 140" 8 point (which is very big for where I hunt) come hauling down the hill straight at me. Swerved away at about 20 yards but on a dead run the whole time. Right spot just couldn't get a shot. Exciting but frustrating I couldn't stop him. 1 thing on his mind though. Since gun season started haven't seen any shooters and have heard that 2 of the 4 I've seen have been killed. Bummer.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    got me mine on nov the 5th . he was head down and had one thing on his mind as his cute ladie friend brought him 12 yrds from my ground blind .

Last edited by fatkid; 11-29-2011 at 05:51 PM.