Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    2,107
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 154 Times in 116 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Concealed carry?

    Curious on how many of you do? And how friendly gun laws are in your state.

    Me personally carry 99% of time I'm not at school or working. I would if they would let me there.

    I was thinking the other day a lot of my hunting friends don't carry so I wanted to get a feel for what other people's thoughts in this culture are.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dolores, Colorado
    Posts
    2,577
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 426 Times in 320 Posts
    Congratulations
    17
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Have a carry permit and sometimes do carry. During the summer when I'm working on my place, usually don't carry, but have a rifle in the truck or on the quad. When I'm irrigating, spraying weeds or other chores, don't. When I'm in town, I usually always have my KelTec 9mm with me.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    961
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 20 Times in 1 Post
    I almost always have one in the truck but rarely on my person.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    reno nv.
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    Curious on how many of you do? And how friendly gun laws are in your state.

    Me personally carry 99% of time I'm not at school or working. I would if they would let me there.

    I was thinking the other day a lot of my hunting friends don't carry so I wanted to get a feel for what other people's thoughts in this culture are.
    i carry all the time. and if you notice my location you know why. hello fellow renoite. are you on the "reno4x4" site?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    2,107
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 154 Times in 116 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by floorya View Post
    i carry all the time. and if you notice my location you know why. hello fellow renoite. are you on the "reno4x4" site?
    Hey man! What's up! Yes I'm on Reno 4x4. It's only because our of high school I built a straight axle Tacoma. I get on there once a week or so just to check firearms trading post and other classifieds. I like to look at the photo contest once a month but other than that no. What's your screen name?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    reno nv.
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    Hey man! What's up! Yes I'm on Reno 4x4. It's only because our of high school I built a straight axle Tacoma. I get on there once a week or so just to check firearms trading post and other classifieds. I like to look at the photo contest once a month but other than that no. What's your screen name?
    its "floorya" i live in sparks. and drive the grey 67' commando.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Joseph Or
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've carried for many many years! If not on me, close at hand.
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Conceal carry 99% of the time. Can't take it onsite at work, but it's in my truck in a locked down safe. It's by my beside every night. Oregon is an open state, but concealed carry is also an option. You can only conceal carry in Oregon if you have an Oregon CWL though.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    155
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a permit for CO, and I carry a KelTec 380 in a wallet holster. hardly know its there. Im thinking about also getting one of those belt buckle revolvers by American Arms. Seems pretty cool. The new Kimber Solo 9mm is on the list too.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    2,107
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 154 Times in 116 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 8750 View Post
    I have a permit for CO, and I carry a KelTec 380 in a wallet holster. hardly know its there. Im thinking about also getting one of those belt buckle revolvers by American Arms. Seems pretty cool. The new Kimber Solo 9mm is on the list too.
    How are the laws there? I always in my head thought of co as a very conservative state but have been told they are very liberal there. I guess I assumed it because of great hunting opportunities the state has to offer.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Every Day Carry
    By RockChucker30 in forum Back at the Tailgate
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-26-2014, 11:08 AM
  2. Packs to carry Rifles w Target Scope Knobs
    By cycloneshooter in forum Packs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 05:26 PM
  3. New Mexico drops reciprical Concealed Carry Permit recognition
    By Colorado Cowboy in forum Back at the Tailgate
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 08:53 AM
  4. How to carry a DSLR camera while hunting??
    By GameSlayer in forum Packs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 07:52 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 03:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •