Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I spent more this year on hunting than I probably spend on groceries the whole year. Well worth it though

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My husband is the stay-at-home "wife" and I go out to work the big $$$ everyday. I'm also the crazy hunter in the house AND I manage the finances. SO, my advice to you guys, start offering to manage the finances then your wife never finds out how much you spend. Works great for me HAHA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My ex parlayed her 4 year college degree into zero employment, zero income and zero family bill payments. Even when she inherited $110K from her parents, zero went to pay any of our family bills. Twenty years of that. Our kids still have no idea I was a one man show for all those years. The lifetime welfare ended 5 years ago with a divorce. Can't believe our laws here award kids to deadbeats like that.

Current g/f is beautiful, works hard and pays her bills, and buys me too much stuff all the time. I was gone 5 months hunting in New Mexico & Wyoming, and she actually wanted to pay for the taxidermy to mount my small bull moose. I refused of course, because it was just too small. I'm going deer hunting Tuesday for another 3 weeks. She is OK with it because I work hard and earn my time, and told her from day one I spent a lot of days hunting. All my hunts are DIY, but still a lot with tag fees, gas, processing, taxidermy. She never complains. Still, I'm hesitant to tie the knot again after being bitten once by an entitlement freeloader.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Leveller View Post
    My husband is the stay-at-home "wife" and I go out to work the big $$$ everyday. I'm also the crazy hunter in the house AND I manage the finances. SO, my advice to you guys, start offering to manage the finances then your wife never finds out how much you spend. Works great for me HAHA
    That's the problem, I do the bills, I handle everything. She smiles and tells me to go hunting without a care as to how much is spent, until THIS question came UP! LOL

Thanks
    Congratulations
    ZIM, I can understand that completely.
    Only time will tell.
    Just think, if you jump in with both feet and accept she is a different person, you can put the past in the past.
    It may be the best decision you ever made.
    Either way, I'm glad you found someone who is good for you.

I have joked back and forth about this question that started this thread, when the truth is my wife couldn't be more supporting of all of my hunting. She is even now on board to move to either Colorado Springs or Boise, Idaho so I can hunt even more. You gotta love that.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My loving and understanding wife (who hunts with me) understands the true value of the hunt. I completely turn this equation around. Game meat is the least expensive out there. Time in the field is far cheaper than the shrink who would otherwise be needed to keep me from going crazy.
    Fact is, I NEED the time outdoors to be able to live the rest of the year in a productive, reasonably high paying job. I couldn't be as productive without my time in the field. And the last time I looked, there were several months each year when I easily exceeded the $2500 threshhold on hunting expenses.
    Cheers,
    llp

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just think about how your going to feel when your 80/85 years old and your kicking yourself in the butt for not going on all those hunts that you wanted to but your better half objected to. IMO, if it's effecting the welfare of your family by your hunting, then stay at home and take care of them; limit what and how often you go hunting. But if that's not the case......have at it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I remember reading a statement one time that made me laugh....and cry a little. "When I die, I can only hope that my wife does not sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them".

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I felt special this year, because Cabelas recognized my economical stimulus investment and sent me the hard back catalog!! My wife just didnt get the excitement in it all. But none the less, my elk camp this year was the best I have ever had, and even though I didnt get an elk myself, I probably would do it all over again next year just because......oh wait, scratch the probably part!! LOL.
    I hunt because......
    Check out my shops website!!! www.blackvelvetcustoms.com

Thanks
    Congratulations
    i don't want to know how much i spend.
    I Love the smell of Elk in the mornin
    The arrow is everything