Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did you do?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

How did you do?

As most of the seasons are closed or coming to a close, how did you do this year? I'll start it off. I shot a nice P&Y class Antelope with my bow in August (First bow kill), and chased a 200 gross buck, but couldn't close the deal on him, and shot a 150 class deer on my last day. Success? Missed oppurtunities ? Post them here!!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Boy to chase a 200 inch buck is a successful season in itself. And with the harvests... Well congrats, that's some good work. My archery season was slow, lots of bugling bulls but nothing closed the deal. Opening day of rifle was nice as I dropped a bull and a cow out of the same herd. I leave for 6 days on the 11th for my deer. Can't wait.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elk 11 123c.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	1943

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Should mention too... Public ground

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good job montana, looks like you dropped them with the same bullet! LOL Great job guys. My season has been successful so far. Harvested a 150's class velvet muley and my son got a five point bull both with black powder. Still have a late season either sex elk tag for private land that i will probably be taking in December so hopefully i'll come out of 2011 100%!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    How early did you harvest that Muley? Velvet... Boy high on the wish list. Was it bow or rifle where you guys are that time of the year?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think this thread was supposed to be about NV, and I didn't hunt NV this year, but I also put down a nice velvet muley (pic in the mule deer forum) and speed goat in MT. I am just getting serious about bulls now.

Nice double, Montana.

I enjoyed reading about your successes, nvarcher and jay!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    the mule deer hunt for muzzleloader is the last part of September here in NM. It was hit or miss with em this year, some were in velvet and some were already hard horned. yeah they sure do look nice in velvet, actually went to the taxidermist yesterday to make a payment on it...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The only problem with that 200 incher is we are pretty sure another hunter killed him with a rifle the evening after I shot mine! We thought he was gone!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Not a bad year at all !!!

Was a very good year for me this year scored on a nice 4 point muley in oregon ,it was on private ground ,did some horse trading to get access ,also scored on a nice 14 and a half inch antelope in area 47 in wyoming and had a chance at a monster buck in area 96 general season as well ,spotted him at 967 yrds tryed to close the distance to about 544 still not comfortable with the shot angle, that was as close as I got, only had the last 4 days of the season to hunt was told by the locals that the area gets hit real hard opening weekend , was a great experience non the less ,all public land and almost perfect weather. will try to post pics later ,my oregon buck pics are on my facebook page

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I had a good year with my best Nv deer 175" 4x4 with split brow tines. I didn't fill my Ca deer tag and not sure if I will get the chance to fill my Ca bear either. I am taking a buddy that has a Nv PIW deer tag to my honey hole here close to Reno. We will start hunting in a couple more weeks now that the rut has started. I found a 9x14 about a 214" bomber in this spot last year and three others at 180" +. If we can get a big one that will be a very good year. Pics of my Nv buck are on another thread In this section.