Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Colorado wins on trophy quality, but ID is the place if you are looking for solitude. There are areas of the Frank Church and Selway that don't see a hunter for years at a time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    No I'm from nevada and agree with you on great hunting in ca but not the best! And not the best location to bingo other states. I put in for ca every year! An underestimated state I think.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    No I'm from nevada and agree with you on great hunting in ca but not the best! And not the best location to bingo other states. I put in for ca every year! An underestimated state I think.
    I was actually asking jndeer if he was from CO but I found out he was from CA. Also I would agree that CA is underestimated for hunting. Still, every year I seem to see more and more guys in the woods each fall. What zones do you put in for in CA?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I grew up out west in Cali. and I hunted in D5 and D6 growing up every year, spent plenty of time above Jackson, Ca summer camping. Even took a few dips in the ol' aquaduct up there after it comes out of Salt Springs Reservoir.

I can say, the hunting in California never compared to the hunting in Colorado.
    I would say the fishing is a different story, but that's about it.

One of my problems with Colorado is with all the pressure on OTC land, it's getting to where you see a hunter or 10 in every drainage.
    Since I've never hunted Idaho, I don't know how hard it is for residents to get decent elk and mule deer tags compared to Colorado.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Another vote for CO. Although I live in Utah, I'm only twenty miles from the Colorado border and have enjoyed what that great state has to offer as far as bowhunting opportunities.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ive never hunted CO but im from Idaho and if you know where ur going there is some great OTC areas that will produce elk every year, we went 4-4 on good mature bulls this year, but i imagine CO wins on overall population and trophy quality.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsmallfield View Post
    I was actually asking jndeer if he was from CO but I found out he was from CA. Also I would agree that CA is underestimated for hunting. Still, every year I seem to see more and more guys in the woods each fall. What zones do you put in for in CA?
    Nope, never hunted CO (yet).

I love hunting CA. Where else can you chase a blacktail in 100+ degree temps in velvet in July?? Nothing better, IMO.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    As much as we all want to "keep everyone out" (this is not the modo for the whole state, very friendly people here) in reality CO is a much better choice. We have everything from WT out east, BIG muleys all over the state, opportunities for big elk, a decent amount of 80"+ Prong horn, decent moose if you can ever get a tag, and opportunities for book animals in all species mentioned. Also, if you're a hunting freak that likes to hunt everything on a regular basis like some of us, then I will tell you our pheasant numbers are on the rise for the past two season in a big way. Not to mention 250+ ducks and 300+ geese a year is easily do-able with the right drive and enough people skills to get you on lots of private land.
    "Bulls, Bucks, Honkers and Ducks"
    Live, Eat, Sleep, Think Hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    As an Idaho native who was able to hunt white tail, mule deer, antelope, elk, bear, lion, wolves (2 tags), turkey, ducks, geese, grouse and various varmints for under $200 without worrying about a draw I would have to say... Colorado . We need NR $$$ to keep our costs down!