Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    While I have no desire to apply in any state with a preference point system, my pay grade is not enough for me to buy landowner tags annually and then head up to BC and shoot a bighorn as well. So I will begrudgingly deal with the mini monopolies sticking it to the non residents. And categorically you can't trust the government to ever do the right thing, but what are the alternatives? I'd be happy if EVERY state did away with preference point systems and went to a pure lottery on all tags.

I'm not relying on them to get afield though, OTC opportunities exist for deer, elk and antelope if you know where to look and are willing to take up bow hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    The two of you saying you are of the group I guess I don't know for sure. If you are part of that group then you are not the individuals myself and other saw. The individuals that I am speaking of shot two targets wrong, which was to score a zero, and I personally witnessed one of them. The score they marked on their cards was not a zero, it was actually a 10X. The people in my group also watched one of them shoot a target in the neck which is a 5 and it was not reflected on the score card. Now this is three out of 104 total targets. What happened when we weren't looking? We greatly appreciate you guys traveling up here and supporting our club, and be sure to forward and info on shoots you guys have.
    This was not us...but we did place in the top 3. There was a different group from Helena there on the first day that did not return to shoot the second day and they scored very well on the first day.....several of them would have blown our 2nd and 3rd place scores out of the water. I personally shot 3-5's (2 on BigFoot) and one on the bedded bighorn. I think you had us confused with one of the other groups from Helena. We stuck around the shoot the entire day both days and BSed with everyone. I was surprized so see your thread on here because we had a great time and talked with a ton of cool people.....we came home thinking everything went well, only to see this and think there was some bad-blood.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Apperantly ethics are only for the cyber world so that the next poster can always be better that the previous post.
    "skin that that one, I'll get ya another"
    Martin Bows, Winchester, Howa, & Ruger bolts, Ruger & Taurus revolvers, Leupold & Steiner optics

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Leadership guru/Pastor John Maxwell once was asked to write a book on "buisness ethics". He declined saying that there is no such thing as buisness ethics, just ethics. You either have them or not, and you carry those ethics into every facet of your life.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have shot 3-D for quite Awhile, And have seen cheating going on at alot of shoots....But It goes with the territory, and the only way to resolve it, is to have designated score keeper's that they don't know.....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Should be in every day life not just the field!!
    Can you handle the challenge.... hunt hard but safe!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The 3-D shoots Ive been to have been won by lets say questionable archers, but if they need to win that bad then let them its not worth it to me I just have fun gettin ready for the real thing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Here's a little story for you. When I was 18 I shot in a little 3D league close to my house. I ended up getting 3rd place. The only problem was that I shot behind the group with the two guys that got 1st and 2nd and they weren't even close to where they should have placed. I was later told by a guy that shot with them that the two guys weren't about to let a kid win the league. Oh well. Unfortunatley some people just can't handle loosing. Good ethics or not, don't let people that live their life that way keep you from doing what you love. Right or wrong it's just the way it is.