Thread: PIW Deer tag

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts

PIW Deer tag

I have a buddy of mine that has a Deer PIW tag this year. He asked me for some help on locating a 190+ buck. I have found a few. But I also found a 215" 9x12 still in velvet a real monster of a buck and unique due to the velvet. I assume he has lost his testicles or somthing in that department is haywire. What would you do? Put my buddy on this buck? Or put him on a 190" and hope I draw this tag one day and take him for myself? The chances of drawing this tag is very slim but it could happen. Just want some thoughts. Thanx

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I say put your buddy on the 215". It may end up being just as satifying if you are there with him when he is able to take the buck. Besides you will be able to hang it over his head for the rest of his life. Lol... I had the same decision to make a few years ago with my cousin. I put him on a 130" blacktail and looking at the picture of the two of us with that buck was totally worth giving that buck up. And yes I bring it up every time I see him. (He will never live it down!)