Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    i love canvas, prob plays into allways having one in hunting camp while growing up. just something about seeing smoke rising in the air from an old well used canvas tent while walking down a rimountain after a long days hunt. last summer i was cleaning out my inlaws shed and i heard a bunch of poles clanging against eachother, i turned to see my mother n law throwing a 10x12 canvas tent with poles and all into the dumpster!!!!! ha i asked what the hell she was doing and she said they had it for 15 years and only used it once. that puppy found its way into the back of my truck. saved me a thousand backs on not needing to buy one i do have a smaller teepe style cabelas tent that ive used a few years and ive enjoyed it but just doesnt have the memories i guess.

Thanks
    Thanks BKC... I agree it just huge and offset the advantage of the lightweight. Thanks for the tip on the vestibule I'll research that before making the purchase.

Ivory... You are correct, the hunting tradition and wall tents are hand in hand. Even without the tradition personally, there is just something special when you are in elk camp with a true wall tent. Can't deny that.

Thanks
    I have the small alaknak. I think its fantastic and can set it up by myself no problem. I recommend buying the vestibule, it really keeps the main tent clutter free. I also purchased the floor liner, makes cleaning the floor super easy, just undo, roll up and then shake out. I still set the tent up on a blue tarp just trying to keep the floor from wearing out. Roof stove protector is a good choice too. Sometimes Cabelas has a sale on them, I got mine $100 off the normal price; just have to keep an eye out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buckbull View Post
    I have the small alaknak. I think its fantastic and can set it up by myself no problem. I recommend buying the vestibule, it really keeps the main tent clutter free. I also purchased the floor liner, makes cleaning the floor super easy, just undo, roll up and then shake out. I still set the tent up on a blue tarp just trying to keep the floor from wearing out. Roof stove protector is a good choice too. Sometimes Cabelas has a sale on them, I got mine $100 off the normal price; just have to keep an eye out.
    Do you have the 12x12? How many cots can you get in there?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Do you have the 12x12? How many cots can you get in there?
    He might be talking about the 9.5' x 9.5'. I own this one and it is good for 2 during the winter with stove in, and 3 during the warmer months.

Anybody know where I could pick up a vestibule for the 9.5??? I have looked all over the net and Cabela's only sells the newer ones 12' or bigger. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Not sure on an OEM vestibule but a tarp a-framed over the opening works well. Two extendable poles and a $5 tarp work wonders!
    I hunt because........

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wolftalonID For This Useful Post:

tdub24 (04-05-2013)