Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    I grew up hunting in area 100. I agree that it is bow huntable. The sage brush is so high and deep makes for great stalking. I once was shed hunting out there and kicked a bull out of his bed and the sage was so tall all I could see was the tops of his horns ha. Now here is what I have learned and seen for the past twenty years. The quanity of bulls are there. Ya there might be a 350 bull out there but not like it use to be. Now seeing a handful of 280-320 bulls ya I can see that. The other thing is with the elk main diet being the grasses and sage the dunes have to offer make there horns brittle. So when they go to rub the velvet off on a huge piece of grease wood the break points. This unit is fun and has a lot of elk but my opinion is they need to drop the quota on bull tags and we will start seeing those big bulls I remember seeing when I was in high school.

Thanks
    Most of this area is checkerboard land, you might want to pick up a land stattus map, they are available at the BLM office in Rock Springs. This area is not populated with aoccupied ranches with the exception of the Farson area and some allong the Sweetwater River. There are some nice camping spots around Boars Tusks and the Sand Dunes or or in the northern part of the area, this is dessert camping and travel can be very tough in bad weather, the roads will turn to slime. I have seen one bull in this area that would go 370 and several in the 350 class. The last time I hunted this area my dad turned down 45 bulls from the truck in one day. You will see allot of elk, be patient and look were you least expect to see them. pm me if you need any info.

Thanks
    BTW if you draw a 100-6 cow tag be aware that it only includes a small part of 100 in the NE section. It took me 2 days to find where we were supposed to hunt and by the time we got on elk it was time to go. No joy 2 empty tags . We enjoyed the hunt , getting within shooting range quite a challenge.