Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am known as the guy who bit@@@ about everything. Been saying this for years and fish and game here in western mt has been covering up the kills with extra tags. 2007 or 2008 they put out over 1,000 cow tags in mineral county! Not enough elk for that is what I said then and now our herds are hurting.
    Now the fish and game has a deal where juniors and seniors get to shoot cow or doe with their general tags! I am all for opportunity for hunters, but where will this leave us when we have no females to regenerate the population with. I saw less deer this rifle season than I have seen in single days ten years ago!
    Where did they go? That is all I ask any fish and game person at the meetings. Where did they go?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Fish and game personel?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Not only do you have wolves coming on the scene here in Oregon but we already have an over population of cougars and bears. Its amazing that a deer or elk can survive in this state with the predator population, poaching, and over harvest in some units.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    When you see our predator populations being more strictly managed than our elk and deer here in MT, a person has to ask where the true loyalties lie with our states Fish and Game department. With such strick quotas on lions, and now wolves, and not so strick quotas on our elk and deer their is only one outcome possible, the continued decline in the elk and deer populations. And now these predators are relocating closer and closer to our towns. Just this past weekend a friend was deer hunting 70 yards behind my house, and when she decided to get up and move to a new location, there was a lion a mere 10 feet behind her. Luckily she got spun around and put a round from her .300 into the big cat or else who knows what could have happened. The lions are getting pressured out of their normal habitat due to overpopulation from the wolves. Great choice reintoducing the apex predator that our nation worked so hard to eliminate 70 years ago. The 3 S's will become the norm for people, unfortunantly.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well put Guy. Thanks for your input.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Has anyone watched or seen this?

http://cryingwolfmovie.com/

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Guy has one of the best articles out there to describe our wildlife agencies. They are hurting for money and I'm sorry about that but, why put our animals through more than they can handle? Out west in Washington just prior to the hunting season the Dept. of Wildlife starts promoting sales by stating how it will be a banner year. This is done for the fishing seasons also just to find sealions 100 plus miles up the Columbia and not just targeting the Salmon. We are limited as to what we can legaly do about the super predators but we can all help with the Coyotes and Mt. Lion in most western states. Anyone interested in big game should also be interested in predator control. Its a great way to scout and it beats yard work.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Dead on!!!! Thank you for using your "platform" to stand up for us and for what is right! Someone with your exposure it is nice to see a strong spine. Thank you!!!